Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Valmorel 2016

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thursday 4th Feb 2016
After a day of damp wet snow and heavy rain on Sunday, two warm days, the weather finally turned cold. It snowed from mid-morning yesterday until about 8am today, when the sun came out.

Looking down the valley:

The snow was reasonably light and dry, all the way down to the lowest slopes at 1200m, and remained that way all day apart from on the southerly aspects. About 30cm had fallen on the upper slopes, and not much less elsewhere.

Valmorel has lots of easily accessible off-piste with bushy trees to avoid.

The few red runs were left unpisted - great fun!

A beautiful sunny day

High clouds rolled in around 1pm, but visibility remained good.

Valmorel seems like a good resort for days like this - being mostly family oriented and having lots of terrain meant that there was easily reached fresh snow to be found all day. One of the best days skiing I've had in a long time snowHead

More snow falling now...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy