Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Non helmet GoPro mounting

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I'm off touring in a few weeks time and have bought myself a GoPro to have a bit of fun with. I'm going to be doing some fairly big uphill skinning thus wearing and carrying a helmet is just not something I want to be doing. So I'm after some advice from you fellow GoPro skiers on how best to mount a GoPro in the absence of being able to stick it on a helmet. Pole, head strap, chest strap, any others and each of their pros and cons would be really interesting to hear about. Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fix it up to shoulder strap of backpack dakine do a mount
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Although the chest strap is great on the downhill - on the uphill it will capture terrible footage of your skis. I'd say go for a head strap so that at least you can film part of your ascents and flat ground traverses. The head strap will capture what you look at as you look up down and to the sides.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Never tried it, but I have seen ski mounts, usually towards the tip of the ski, facing in either direction. I did have a play around with attaching my camera (not a go pro, it's a bullet style one) around my calf, gave a different perspective (and once, not quite aligned properly, just showed the edges sliding in the snow)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@vipul, Just bought one, been looking for something like that for ages, hadn't seen the Dakine ones - hope it works! Cheers Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've also bought the Dakine one and had a play with it last night - seems well made - will be interesting to see how stable the footage is with it
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy