Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Great Ski Guide

Poster: A snowHead
My son has set up a Youtube channel for a bit of fun.

I reviewed 4 resorts last week.

The first review is here. Val Di Fassa.

http://youtube.com/v/m0bjXnhGJ9Q
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mega. Nice to see the piste map. Gives an idea of the travel involved
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi @cameronphillips2000, I can only see one vid on youtube. Will the website up and running soon? Will you be incorporating videos of the skiing itself as well.

Interested to see more!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for a great review. We did most of that trip from Arabba a few years ago and hope to do it again early March when based in Corvara.

Totally agree about the Tomba run,short but sweet and you are right about the other fantastic runs in that part of the Dolomites and so much quieter than the main runs around the Sella Ronda. Thanks too for the top tip for lunch, we'll be sure to drop in.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ster wrote:
Hi @cameronphillips2000, I can only see one vid on youtube. Will the website up and running soon? Will you be incorporating videos of the skiing itself as well.

Interested to see more!

Yes, all to come in the future. To b e honest, it's all a bit of fun. My son loves Youtubing and editing (He's only 12) and I love skiing and talking about ski resorts so it's something we enjoy together. There should be another three reviews going up soon.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My wife just watched it, rolled around the kitchen laughing, telling me it was dull as hell and need a lot more pizzazz. Honest criticism is always good...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Next review up. San Pellegrino and Falcade.

http://youtube.com/v/xYczddiP5BM
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Our latest review from Civetta - Alleghe - Zoldo

http://youtube.com/v/FG-4zHirjTY
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Keep it up. They're definitely getting better as you go along.

I'm eagerly waiting the Corvara review. Is it on the way?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
My wife just watched it, rolled around the kitchen laughing, telling me it was dull as hell and need a lot more pizzazz. Honest criticism is always good...

So trust your good lady will be fronting one soon to show us how its done! wink

Civetta one is a huge step up from the first, really informative and good mix of info. Would be quite happy for a longer cut as you know your stuff. Great progress, good effort!

Waiting for the next now.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I haven't been to Civetta but now I will. So good stuff.

Positive criticism... dump the ski jacket (must get hot and we know you're not really in the mountains) and wear a Great Ski Guide sweat or T - keeps the branding on view.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Good review and as others have said getting slicker. Hats off to your son too as his skills are also improving.

Quick question, I know we can ski from Arabba to lifts at the bottom of the Marmolada but how do you get to Alleghe? Are there buses from Marmolada base or does it require a car?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowfaller wrote:
Good review and as others have said getting slicker. Hats off to your son too as his skills are also improving.

Quick question, I know we can ski from Arabba to lifts at the bottom of the Marmolada but how do you get to Alleghe? Are there buses from Marmolada base or does it require a car?

There's a regular bus service from Malga Ciapela (the Marmolada cablecar base station) to the gondola at Alleghe.

http://www.skicivetta.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=73

http://www.skicivetta.com/modules/mastop_publish/files/files_5695130d18c9c.pdf

It used to be free if you had a skipass, but now it looks like you have to pay a few euros, unless you have one of the guest cards mentioned here.

http://www.dolomiti.org/ita/cortina/laga5torri/inverno/cartello_info_pagamento_fermata_Malga.pdf
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@cameronphillips2000,
Nice reviews , pretty accurate of Val di Fassa where I was based in early Jan, brought back happy memories.

If I was critiquing I would ask for a few more piccies please.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@luigi. Thanks for the bus info
snow report
Bro, they are way too dry.

Hype it up a bit / a lot and excite the viewer.

Or get some hot chix in bikinis in there.
ski holidays
@Whitegold, Very PC! What about something for the ladies? Boarding Blokes in thongs? Laughing
snow report
Excellent guides, I wasn't aware of some of the areas mentioned, they certainly tick a lot of boxes, and are added to wish list for 2017
snow conditions
@cameronphillips2000, I just watched your guide on Val di Fassa having just returned from there.
99% sure the log cabin restaurant you refer to as great for lunch is La Bolp. Tiny place, friendly owners, lifties get in there, decent latte €2. Never ate there, rarely do on the mountain but food looked good. It is v close to the button lift and as you say off down short slope to rt. off Buffaure.
Reference the buses and (Noddy) train, yes €3 a day but €6 the week if pass bought from a hotel reception.
Village tree-lined red run was fab. Local born ski instructor said it was 7kms long, piste map 5 ish. Puzzled
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy