Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bansko - 6th Feb - I'm going regardless

Poster: A snowHead
So, one thread to rule them all....

Bansko is possible. 7 nights from the 6th, flight, transfer from the airport, accommodation half board. £337:

http://www.igluski.com/bansko/hotel-pirin_p18512?holidayid=1443404313
http://www.balkanholidays.co.uk/holiday_search/hotel_bansko_!BN418.html?search_type=packages&requestId=11426917&SSID=7obdt69aq8hbqpesle7iscr926#

2 sites, same deal it appearsish. There is slightly cheaper but having stayed in a 4* in Bansko before I wouldn't want to drop to 3*!

Just need to look at airport parking costs and cost to take skis if you don't want to hire.

I believe a 6 day ski pass is £131ish.

Just add booze and lunch?..... It could just be that simple....

(Vicky, there's a flight from Newcastle if you wanted to join me and anyone else that goes)

So I'm 38, intermediate skiier, and just want to have a great time hitting the slope!

Who's in? Toofy Grin

edit:
6 day lift pass with 15% off: £79.05pp (was £93pp)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 3-02-16 13:48; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
May have a 28 year old skier with me from another forum.

Anyone else? Very Happy Booking today....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have a good time. I will be going out there on the 15th and rather worried, by how mild the forecasts are
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I will no doubt post something to hopefully tease you and make you feel envious. Or, if it's a slushy mess I'll give you the bad news
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BTW Nicky, if you ever go to Hemel for the dome, I'm in Hampshire also. Would be happy to car/fuel share sometime Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We are the wrong side of Hampshire for Hemel. Thankfully Snowtrax is very close and as dry slopes go the nicest i have been on.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Booking tomorrow AM, last chance saloon! Neh Neh

Flight, transfer, hotel, half board: £322 if we share a room, around £380 if you want your own.
6 day lift pass: £79.05
Cost for taking your own skis: £45 // Ski and boot hire in resort: £46.75

Less than £450 for a ski hol, just add lunchtime food and beers! (and airport parking)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have two spaces in a Catered Chalet in La Plagne in France available from 6th – 13th Feb still available.

Chalet is Ski in/ski out, has an outdoor hot tub and it’s been renovated for this season, pics on the Mountain Heaven website. Private transfers and full chalet board included.

Flights to be booked separately.

We paid £700pp but reducing to £500 or best offer (bargain!)

Please message to discuss.

http://www.mountainheaven.co.uk/resorts/france/la-plagne-1800/catered/chalet-perle
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@RobPowell, where are you getting the figure of £79.05 for a lift pass from? Or even £93 for that matter?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
quote from the tour operator igloo directly. From their email:

We do have a 15% off our skis extras at the moment, here are the details:
6 day lift pass with 15% off: £79.05pp (was £93pp)
6 day ski hire with 15% off : £30.60 (was £36)
6 day ski boot hire £16.15 (was £19)

I did question it as it's usually 130 or so, so I don't know how they have such a massive reduction. I have questioned it and apparently it's right!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@RobPowell, interesting.....yes from the research I had done the lift pass should be £130.

Strange (but good for you).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@RobPowell, would you be interested in the spaces we have in the catered chalet?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Lily Hawkins, have you missed the bit where he says he's going regardless (on exactly the same dates that you are offering?)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mikeycharlton, i miss understood, i thought he meant he's going whether he can find someone else so i was offering spaces. Apologies if i'm wrong.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm going to Bansko, hell or high water. I am going alone, but indeed to that location. Thankyou regardless Smile
snow report
@RobPowell, Sorry - my bad!

Have fun
snow conditions
@RobPowell, hope you got out there Ok? How are conditions? How is the lift queue on mornings? Thanks
ski holidays
Hi Nicky,

Yup got here safely, thanks for asking.

The first three days we he beautiful clear blue skies and the slopes have been a lot of fun with pretty much the whole mountain being open. The gondola is as expected so if you arrive after 9 then it'll be over an hour before you get on it, but the option is there to get up early for when the lift opens if you want less of a queue. It's Romanian half term so is fairly busy.

Today was a nightmare, lots of wind and by noon most of the lifts to the top were closed. There's still stuff lower down the mountain to keep you amused but that of course makes for a slightly longer lift queue. It's looking to dump 35cm over the next four nights so from tomorrow the slope should change for the better, and for those still here Saturday on transfer day then they should have an amazing slope!
ski holidays
@RobPowell,
Thanks for that. I am getting a little concerned about our first morning there. As we need to get the girls kitted out with skis and boots and to top of gondola by 11am for their lessons. We are likely not going to reach our accommodation now until 3am (thanks to Bulgarian air changing our flight tine by almost 2hrs) and out accommodation is not in the town so we need to take the hotel bus to the lift station.
snow report
When do you depart?
snow conditions
Quote:

if you arrive after 9 then it'll be over an hour before you get on it

Shocked Shocked Shocked I'd rather read a good book.
snow report
But I read somewhere (snowheads, no doubt) that you can pay for a taxi to drive you up?
snow conditions
Pam, it sucks, but it is half term for local countries. You can get a cab up but that won't be overly cheap.

Just get your ass up before the 9am shuttle run
snow conditions
We fly out on Monday evening but wont make it to accommodation until around 3am Tuesday morning. Given we need to get over to town, get the girls boots and skis sorted. I have spoken with people we have booked lessons through and we are going to change so first lesson for the girls will be on the Wednesday. Result - for us this is going to be much less skiing than normal and we luckily have a second week booked at Easter where the girls have kids clubs etc so we get more skiing so this holiday is planned to be a much slower pace
snow conditions
To be fair it depends on how slick you can be from a late arrival. I arrived around 2am and had to collect my lift pass at 830 but was in the queue and on the mountain fairly quickly. Ski and boot fitting will of course slow you down but the resort typically runs on a Saturday to Saturday basis so it'll be far quieter for you. If you got there when they opened at 8 using your free shuttle bus then it is feasible to be up by 11.

But. Having a lazier start will make it a million times easier. I hope you have a fabulous time Smile
ski holidays
@RobPowell, I can be very slick, however when there is hubby and two children (6 & 9) in tow... Just getting everybody out the door at home can feel like a mission. Happy
ski holidays
Good morning Mrs Nicky. Your mission, should you choose to accept it is to get a family turned around in less than five hours including sleep. You must get kit, passes, and to the top of the slope by 11. If you are late, caught or captured, we will disavow all knowledge of you and your family. Good luck, Mrs Nicky.

*starts mission impossible tune*
snow report
@RobPowell, Happy yep..
that is it. If we didn't have to factor that pesky lift queue it would have been easy.
Hope that snow came in last night and have some great skiing today.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Several cm last night. A few more expects today. 15 late Friday, and some Saturday. Slope should be fantastic.

Try to get to the lift early and certainly before 9 then you'll be ok. Your kids and husband (and you of course!) will love the mountain!

I'm by no means an expert on this place but happy to answer any other questions you have. Very Happy
snow conditions
Nicky,

Not trying to scare you, but a Romanian chap died on the slope first day I was there. Sad But, the reason why I mention this is the efficiency of mountain rescue, I was gobsmacked about how good it was.

Have a wonderful week, ignore the above, and you've had a crap load of fresh snow over the weekend so it'll be amazing!!!
snow report
@RobPowell, thanks rob.

First day finished on slopes. Few hiccups like missing the last hotel transfer bus over to the gondola....not entirely impressed. And then having a ski instructor shove my 9yr old daughter twice!!! Will post a separate warning thread. However my 6 yr old skiied most of the ski road back to resort (had to stop and walk at one bit!) but we are impressed.

Some very large slush / water patches and resort is heaving.
latest report
I assumed it'd be busy. The lift will be busy if you arrive after 8:30 for sure, so getting there for 8 is the only way. I hope your hotel isn't too far away?

Yup the ski instructors are pushy (excuse the pun). Ulen is suggested to be run by the local mafia, look at the security guys and it says it all! hehehe

The ski road is a lovely 5km or so cruise back into town, shame it's getting slushy. It's still warm there then?

Lion bar is a nice place for a beer and food after and is a nice atmosphere, better than the trashy top of the hill! There's 3 really cheap and awesome places to eat on the actual mountain if you're willing to explore and is half the price of the ones directly on the slope, let me know if you want to know where Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy