Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Magic Carpet close to Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have friends coming to stay for the weekend where I live near Geneva, and they would like a day skiing. They want to go to a resort with a magic carpet, but preferably one at resort level rather than at the top of a chair or bubble as one of them is not comfortable with heights. Very Happy

Any suggestions that are within 90 minutes or so of Geneva?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think i saw Les Carroz have installed one on the village pistes and pretty sure there's one up top too!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's a magic carpet in Les Saisies but that's not very close to Geneva - Les Carroz would be much closer.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whitters wrote:
I have friends coming to stay for the weekend where I live near Geneva, and they would like a day skiing. They want to go to a resort with a magic carpet, but preferably one at resort level rather than at the top of a chair or bubble as one of them is not comfortable with heights. Very Happy

Any suggestions that are within 90 minutes or so of Geneva?

Sommand has one. That's about 45 minutes.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Whitters, There's a new one just installed at Forum resort level in Flaine to replace the old Pre chairlift - suits beginners and no lifts to get it to it - ideal for drive in and ski plus you have all the Forum eateries nearby for lunch. As Marcellus says there is also a new one at resort level in Carroz plus another at the top of the bubble
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
One at Pre La Joux in Chatel was operating today. Nice gentle piste along side it and a bit of progression to two easy slopes with short gentle drag lifts in the same area
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Whitters, as @marcellus & @janner, state there is a new magic carpet that is free in les carroz with a piste next to it, it starts near the les arielles hotel and goes up to the gondola, you can walk up next to the person on the magic carpet, (and also walk down as well). There is also a screened off area for beginners at the top of the carpet to the right of it with a new easy rope tow. You could easily park in the gondola carpark, go to the right hand area of the carpark.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'll add a couple as well, morillion 1100 has a carpet and small drag in the beginner area along with a couple of good restaurants and simple drive up and park access.
Also samoens1600, again drive up and easy park then walk out onto the snow. Quite a good carpet with fairly large beginner area plus more for more advanced skiers to do around the immediate area, nice platue with outside cafés and great views if weather is good.
Both these are Grand-massif ski area like Flaine and Les carroz.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Les Gets has two in its beginners area (Chavannes).
Sommand has one right next to its parking.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Excellent, thanks all. More around than I'd imagined!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chamonix has one at the Savoy beginners area, just behind the Club med. There's also one at Planards, but it belongs to the ESF so you'll need to be taking lessons with them.

I think there's also one at the top of Les Houches just by the Prarion bubble, but I haven't been there myself.

These are all 1hr or less from GVA and no windy roads, which given the weather forecast might be important!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks again all for the advice, and having read all the above I took four nervous skiers to Les Carroz and it was perfect for their needs, with two fantastic modern, long, in resort & covered magic carpets. The beginners slope with the rope was a good tip too and perfect for one of them for their first time on skis (and she did very well under my, er, 'expert' tuition Very Happy )
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy