Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Le Grand Bornand

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there, how are all you helpful guys doing?

Just booked a week in Le Grand Bornand for the week starting 27th Feb. Got incredibly cheap flights to Geneva and a good deal on a hotel (we hope). So booked.
We intend to spend this week learning to snowboard, so I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for snowboard lessons - what schools to use etc?
Also the lift pass - Do you guys have any recommendations, should we buy online or just pick up in resort?

We should arrive pretty early on the Saturday, so I would be tempted to get a half day of skiing in before we started the snowboard lessons the next morning. Will the hire company's allow me to book ski's and then switch to a board on the Saturday evening?

Also any general tips on the resort town itself would be greatly appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi... You may get a better response to your questions if you repost on the Aravis, LGB La Clusaz weather report thread which is where most of the regulars hang out.
What's your hotel called? Advice will differ depending on if it's up at Chinaillon or down in the main town. Have to go now but will offer more advice later Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Its the Le Delta Hotel, looks pretty good on it's website. Also it's in Le Grand Bornand, as you probably know. Didn't want to post questions like the above in the weather thread, but may do so later. Thanks for the reply.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@B1g_browner, don't know anyone who's stayed at the Delta, but, as you say, it looks nice on the website. It's very near the Patinoire, so very convenient if you like ice skating! It's going to be about a ten minute walk from the hotel to the two bubbles that go up to the ski area, or wait until the ski bus goes past.
As far as swapping gear goes, I can't see that being a problem with most hire shops. Certainly the one we use for friends would do it (Favre Sports on the way to the lifts) though I see you have a rental shop in the same building as your hotel. If you want you can rent lockers under the lifts (or Favre lets you store rental gear for free).
Lift passes can be bought at the tourist information building, five minutes from your hotel, next to the church. That would avoid having to queue at the caisses by the lifts.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Awesome info gvj! Much appreciated! Any tips on places to eat/après in the village?
Are you based there yourself?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, we're lucky to be able to call it our local hill.
Apres ski;upstairs in les 2 Guides in the village square always has a friendly vibe, or the Green Monkey up at Chinaillon.
Foodwise; Le Casanova pizzeria is usually very welcoming and good value. If you want to splash out then Les Confins des Sens or L'Hysope both serve gourmet standard meals for a price, one at either end of the main road through the town.
You could do worse than look on TripAdvisor for more info. on these and the many other local venues.
LGB aims to be a family friendly, good value resort c.f. La Clusaz, its glitzier, bigger neighbour a few miles away. I'm sure you'll have a great time.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Awesome. Thanks again for all your help. It's our 1st wedding anniversary the night we arrive, so might take in one of those two restaurants. Spent the honeymoon in whistler, anniversary in the French Alps, I can see a pattern developing here. Lol.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We went to LGB three weeks ago and had a fab time - it was our 3rd trip there!
I can second the Les 2 Guides recommendation - they also do some great 'small plates' in the evening if you eat a bigger meal at lunchtime.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy