Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Davos at Easter?

Poster: A snowHead
I'm considering going to Davos for the long Easter weekend, but can't find many reviews in here. Is the skiing good?

PS. Holding out and booking late isn't really an option due to booking leave etc.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@sugarmoma666,
Quote:

I'm considering going to Davos for the long Easter weekend, but can't find many reviews in here. Is the skiing good?

In summary Yes, very enjoyable.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
T Bar wrote:
@sugarmoma666,
Quote:

That's a nice concise answer Happy Cheers.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
What type of skiing are you looking for
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looking for on piste, preferably with nice scenery and a bit of variety.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Klosters is better.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whitegold wrote:
Klosters is better.

They're linked aren't they?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very extensive skiing in Davos-Klosters if conditions are good. I have had a few good weeks there but 10+ years ago now.

You can get the lifts up - up - up and ski down to Klosters and come home on the train Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Whitegold wrote:
Klosters is better.

They're linked aren't they?

Yes they are linked sharing Parsenn as the main mountain. If you base yourself in Davos the you have easier options for Jakobshorn which is the second main mountain and can keep you busy for a day.
I've had great skiing there over the last 10 years or so but its not massively high so Easter might be variable given the snow and weather so far this season. Hopefully we will get more snow and temperatures will return to normal. In which case it should be great. Lots of lovely tree lined runs particularly on the Klosters side.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers for the responses. I think I'll go for it. It's always nice to try a new ski area, and 4 days of skiing for half a day's leave is pretty good.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Suggest you try and get a hotel close to the Parsenn funicular as I suspect queues will build up there at peak times. I've not been there at Easter but imagine it will be busy.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sugarmoma666 wrote:
T Bar wrote:
@sugarmoma666,
Quote:

That's a nice concise answer Happy Cheers.

A bit more time:
I have been several times to Davos over the years though the last time was about 5-6 years ago. I have been generally between mid feb and mid march but not as late as Easter. I really like the skiing but it is not a cheap place to ski particularly with the family hence the lack of recent travel.
There is a pretty good variety of skiing on and off piste, though unfortunately the most challenging piste skiing has been removed.( The terrain is obviously still there but there is no indication of the routes.)
The Davos area covers the Parsenn /Gotschna area which is shared between it and Klosters and is fairly extensive with good variety. There are some very long runs to here down to the villages below Klosters which are not lift served and you have to return by train (on pass when I have been). These may well be closed unless there is recent snow as the lower half of them are low lying and not supplied with snow making.Jakobshorn lies immediately oposite this area and has excellent skiing on the upper half and two marked and very enjoyable off piste runs to side valleys. The main pistes here are I think west facing and are likely to be a bit hard and icy first thing at this time.
Rinerhorn and Pischa I always seem to end up when there is fresh snow looking for easy access off piste, these areas are relatively small but enjoyable, though if you are only there for a few days you will probably be concentrating on the larger areas.
Schatzalp/Strela was closed last time I visited, it looks like it now has a small area that no longer connects to the Parsenn as it once did. It used to have a small area of easy skiing plus the ability to access some decent off piste down to the valley.
All these areas are well connected by an efficient bus service that is free with the lift pass.

Klosters secondary area (Madrisa) is accessible by either taking the train to Klosters and then the bus or by skiing and bussing there, for a short trip it is probably not worth going to unless you take a guide and do an off piste tour over to Gargellen in Austria which is quite good fun and straightforward in good snow.

Hope this helps and have a good time.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@T Bar, A good summary. The run down to Serneus (no. 53) is great in good snow. Need to check bus timetables for the return trip back. Also, I've generally done this in a guided group so not completely sure which bits were piste vs. off piste or itinerary. The snow has never been good enough when I've been there to get to Kublis but I've spoken to a few who have done this and raved about it. The OP mentioned piste runs specifically, so I didn't comment on the itineraries but I agree these are excellent. Only ever done them with a guide.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DCG wrote:
Suggest you try and get a hotel close to the Parsenn funicular as I suspect queues will build up there at peak times. I've not been there at Easter but imagine it will be busy.

It's a package, so hotel etc all included.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@sugarmoma666,
Nice summary I think. My interpretation is other SH's don't seem to positive for loads of snow at Easter this year and therefore icy/slushy conditions.
ski holidays
I like skiing in slush Very Happy
snow conditions
@sugarmoma666, I went to Davos for a L/W in early april a few years ago and the skiing was fantastic

The vast majority of the skiing is over 2000m and it snowed in town when I was there. I stayed in the Turmhotel Viktoria(sp) which was fine and well located

Don't go to klosters - the only access to the mountain is (or was at least) a ghastly, slow, over-crowded cable-car circa 1928
snow conditions
@red 27, I think you're being a bit unfair on Klosters. The cable car isn't particularly slow, albeit can be busy at peak times.
snow conditions
Davos/Klosters is a perfect choice. I ski there regularly and will be there also for Easter 2016. Snow conditions at Easter are always fine although can get a little sticky and heavy at the ends of the resort runs by the end of the day if it's particularly warm, but you will get that anywhere. Up on the mountain absolutely no problem.
Queues are unlikely and normally even at Easter I walk straight onto the lifts without queuing.
ski holidays
ADH wrote:
Davos/Klosters is a perfect choice. I ski there regularly and will be there also for Easter 2016. Snow conditions at Easter are always fine although can get a little sticky and heavy at the ends of the resort runs by the end of the day if it's particularly warm, but you will get that anywhere. Up on the mountain absolutely no problem.
Queues are unlikely and normally even at Easter I walk straight onto the lifts without queuing.

Good to hear, as I'm booked now. Should be fun.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy