Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another luggage question!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It seems luggage allowances, hand baggage, boots in the cabin, ski carriage are among Snowheads perennials! So apologies for another luggage thread...

I'm looking for a ski/snowboard bag that will take everything I need for a week. Found this at Decathlon which is just about perfect:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/easy2travel-snowboard-bag-id_8317192.html

However (and inevitably) they're out of stock.

Does anyone know of anything similar and where I might get one. Thanks, in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I use a Dakine Fall Line Double Wheelie Ski Bag. Looks similar and can be had for about the same price if you look around.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@john w, Thanks, as you described, £1.99 cheaper, and now ordered. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sport Conrad do a similar bag too, very good quality and slightly cheaper.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@LOTA, I like @john w, have a dakine fall line bag and it takes everything, wheels are essential
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bag arrived today; perfect so thanks @john w, for the suggestion.

And hats off to Simply Piste, not a company I'd ever come across before. Ordered Sunday afternoon, delivered this afternoon. Excellent service.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also hunting around for a wheeled ski bag and looked at Decathlon in shop which seems to be pretty reasonable and 4.3kg. Seems to have easy access to wheels.

Also found Manbi at 3kg - https://www.simplypiste.com/products/Manbi/WheelyDoubleSkiandSnowboardBag.aspx
Wondered if anyone else had seen it in the fabric?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@colinstone, I've got that Mandi bag, albeit with a different brand name on it. The bag has been OK for the last ten or so trips, only the shoulder strap connector has broken. Need to replace it now as it's too short for my new skis. I'm going to spend a bit extra, probably on a Dakine or a Douchebag as I think they might be a bit roomier and a bit harder wearing.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We've 2 of the decathlon bags and can't fault them and they've survived over 30 flights. We have to use the extension bit for my husband and sons 187cm skis but still robust and can get lots of other stuff in as well. Also have a Dakine concourse but can't fit as much extra kit in and its slightly heavier.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Valkyrie, @muppet,

Thanks for your excellent input. Had narrowed choice down to those 2 and now gone for the Decathlon.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
look on amazon at cox swain some v reasonable looking stuff there
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@mattiwilkin, The Cox swain look interesting but seem to finish at 175cm.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy