Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Smugness and hoorays called Hugo: why I'll never ski

Poster: A snowHead
Dubious journalism from the Mail but this is from the Telegraph!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/familyholidays/12125016/Smugness-and-hoorays-called-Hugo-why-Ill-never-ski.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
He should have gone on a snowHeads Bash - not too many hooray Henry's (or Hugo's) on those, they'll take anyone... Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 29-01-16 20:10; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sadly typical of modern online 'journalism'. Write something vaguely inflammatory and wait for it to spread around the internet, bringing with it webpage hits and advertising revenue. The Mail excels at it but this is certainly good going.

Sad that it even gets published though, a comment piece on ski holidays by a guy that has never been skiing.

"Slaloming down a black run in equipment costing more than a family car sort of looks fun, except that, unless you’ve been going for years or are the offspring of an Alpine goat herder, you’ll spend most of your time in ski-school". I'm not sure any of that sentence is actually right..apart from the fun of course.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scuba diving is sh*t. I know this because I stayed in the boat while my mates went diving.

Maybe the Telegraph will give me a job?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
WTF!! he went to the mountains once 25 years ago, did not ski and then get paid to write an article how he still loathes it 25 years later, seems an easy way to make a living. I submitted a report on my daughters rugby tournament to our local paper that was published this week, should have charged them as it was a piece of p!!! to write.
I should take this lark up full time, and write articles about how I also first went skiing 25 years ago next month, absolutely fell in love with it and even went on to be lucky enough to work in the mountains for a few seasons, though I should imagine it would not be interesting enough for his editor.
he even used a you tube clip that has been doing the rounds for some time, as James May would say "what a C##K!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
What a gold plated weapons grade pr ick, and has the gaul masquerade as a competent journalist.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
He's French?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
He sounds entirely joyless. Probably a good thing that he doesn't go skiing, he simply wouldn't be able to cope with the life-affirming delight of it all. Too right I'm smug, although as a working class boy from the South Wales valleys I've never met anyone called Tabitha or Hugo.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@boredsurfin,

Grief

I dont like skiing since I went tobogganing on a bin bag.

Great logic...

I don't like coffee since I had Creme de menthe in a bucket
I don't like karting since I went to a skate park with a forklift truck
I don't like music since I put a bucket on my head and banged it with a sledgehammer

Idiot
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
He was probably a tosser 25yrs ago and his friends never invited him again.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alastair Pink wrote:
He should have gone on a snowHeads Bash - not too many hooray Henry's (or Hugo's) on those, they'll take anyone... Madeye-Smiley

But I did meet a Tarquin wink wink wink

I think Butlins still do holidays in Skegness..... (and before the abuse arrives - Yes I did do a season at Filey - but that dates me!)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Good, I won't have to sit next to that numpty on a chairlift.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Click bait sh*t from a paper that 5 years ago would have known better.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Nadenoodlee,

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nadenoodlee wrote:

Now that sounds spot on 👍🏻😀
snow report
You are looking at this all wrong - which one of you wants the narrow-minded, thought-impaired, gutter-living vulture on a slope near them? Thought so. Result!
ski holidays
He's confusing ski holidays with skiing. The two can exist seperately, even in the Lake District snowHead
snow report
Or several parts of the Alps last Christmas.

@Nadenoodlee, excellent...
snow conditions
I thought it was quite funny, although trying too hard and not great if you'd paid for it I suppose.

Shock, horror:
- Telegraph writers know people called "Hugo" whom they consider to be "hoorays".
- Self professed non-sporty people don't much like skiing.
- You can buy bad wine in some places.

It's a very narrow perspective.
ski holidays
I always thought they were Hooray Henry's anyway! Neh Neh

Skiing isn't a choice. It's a lifestyle maaaaan

For the snowboarders:

http://youtube.com/v/apNKEhdokKM

For the skiiers:

http://youtube.com/v/oPFet3a_Hno
snow conditions
http://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B0034NT4U2/ref=dp_byline_sr_ebooks_1?ie=UTF8&text=Ben+Hatch&search-alias=digital-text&field-author=Ben+Hatch&sort=relevancerank&tag=amz07b-21

https://twitter.com/BenHatch?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

http://www.publishingtalk.eu/case-studies/are-we-nearly-there-yet/
snow report
@philwig, spot on. Not that bad a piece, but trying too hard and not really succeeding. Upping the anti? Anti what?
snow conditions
The only true part in the article " And besides, I’m in my Forties. I don’t need extra adrenalin rushes. I get plenty opening utility bills. "
ski holidays
Good one person less holding up the line trying to get up on the chairlift...

Also I don't really care whether the people I ski with are called Richard, Hugo or Tabitha or whatever... as long as they enjoy skiing!
ski holidays
What was the point in the whole article - I find that normally people who dont enjoy skiing are those that are poo-poo at it. So maybe he did go skiing 25 years ago and could not get passed ski school level.
snow report
I know a Labrador called Hugo, from Hartlepool. He's great fun. Can't ski for toffee, though.
snow report
Well we know for certain he didn't travel through Grenoble this Saturday if "posh" is his view of snowsports travellers!
ski holidays
geoff10 wrote:
I know a Labrador called Hugo, from Hartlepool. He's great fun. Can't ski for toffee, though.

My neighbours labrador is called Hugo. Small world eh? Or maybe there's just more than one labrador called Hugo. That could get confusing.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nadenoodlee wrote:

If you read his twitter, I would say he still is.
snow conditions
"Families don’t go on long-jump mini-breaks, or spend a week playing field hockey in Bratislava"

Oh yes they do: my family HAS spent a week playing hockey (not in Bratislava, but damn close: a hockey festival in the Czech Republic....just next door).
snow conditions
Acacia wrote:
"Families don’t go on long-jump mini-breaks, or spend a week playing field hockey in Bratislava"

Oh yes they do: my family HAS spent a week playing hockey (not in Bratislava, but damn close: a hockey festival in the Czech Republic....just next door).

They also go on surfing holidays...or at least mine did, in fact I was about 25 before I had a holiday that didn't involve either surfing or motorsport (have even managed a few which involved both, although not at the same time).
snow conditions
What kind of utter idiot looks forward to seeing injured children arrive at school?!

"No, this half term we’ll be staying at home, looking forward to the Monday after the holidays, when the Tabathas and Ruperts return to the school gate in taxis on crutches."

Tool.
latest report
Just think of the poor kids who have this parent. To the question "What did you do for your holiday?", the answer "Nothing, we stayed at home and looked forward to going back to school because Dad is a boring f@@t" is not good for playground cred.

We never managed a hockey holiday (respect @Acacia, !!) but our family holidays involved skiing, surfing and sailing (again not all at once) and we have no Ruperts or Hugos in the family (not even the dog)
latest report
Col the Yeti wrote:
Just think of the poor kids who have this parent. To the question "What did you do for your holiday?", the answer "Nothing, we stayed at home and looked forward to going back to school because Dad is a boring f@@t" is not good for playground cred.

We never managed a hockey holiday (respect @Acacia, !!) but our family holidays involved skiing, surfing and sailing (again not all at once) and we have no Ruperts or Hugos in the family (not even the dog)

Aaah so Hugo...nots, believe your mob weren't ever too keen on them ...
ski holidays
Col the Yeti wrote:

Aaah so Hugo...nots, believe your mob weren't ever too keen on them ...
snow conditions
A troll? On the internet? Surely not?
latest report
Never been on a specific long jump holiday, but our summer holidays often started with a weekend at the Scottish Junior Athletics champs and has included events like 800m, javelin and hammer throwing. Once we had a trip to Dumfries for the multi events champs where I did long jump as part of a pentathlon.
We were not alone as many other families did similar.
Grangemouth and Dumfries were not quite as exciting as Bratislava though!!
snow conditions
@roguemazza,

You've obviously never been to Bratislava, then.
latest report
What an utter t**t. We have 900 Belgies who have descended on our resort this week, they are loving life (maybe too many onesies) I don't think hoorays exist elsewhere in Europe and they are just having a great time....journalism has got so sloppy of late, I'd expect better from the Telegraph. Ok he doesn't like skiing....move on mate.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy