Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hypothetical French resort question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are currently looking for last minute deals for France, week commencing Saturday 6th February.

Within the boundaries of availability and price, we are flexible as to where we go. We're all piste skiers.

- Where would you go for best conditions?
- Would we be mad to go to Isere (Alpe D'Huez specifically)?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
French school holidays. Does it have to be France? If it does, Les Contamines would be a good prospect and less busy than some.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anywhere in France should be skiing well.

However from choice I would go to the 3V or Espace Killy. SkiWorld has deals going to both.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pam w, we're driving and I'm comfortable going to France. Open to other suggestions that have good snow cover.

@TQA, will check out SkiWorld, thanks.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@FIRSTOFTHEGIANTS, snow cover is good in the northern alps but it's been mild for a few days now and looks like continuing that way. For me, a key consideration would be avoiding the worst of the lift queues and crowded pistes. Starting early, having an early (11am) stop then skiing through lunch is a good strategy. And not being in the vicinity of lifts near the start of the afternoon ski lessons. Big areas like the Espace Killy have efficient lift systems and local advice can help you avoid the main bottlenecks. And the most suicidal of the home run racetracks at the end of the day. Apartment rental from 6 February will be double those for next week and traffic into and out of the Tarentaise very heavy.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cripes, I didn't think it would be that bad.

What will 3V be like? I was hoping it was mainly Brits so not as bad. Sorry, covered this in the other thread didn't we.

I definitely saw that with apartment rental. Do the French significantly prefer self catered?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@FIRSTOFTHEGIANTS, they do seem to prefer SC, probably as they can drive easily to report and then not spend too much money on eating out etc. not so easy for anywhere 3 hours away from Dover in the UK. Have you thought of going to Italy the Aosta Valley has decent snow at present and doesn't get too crowded in Feb and France ( I certainly hope this is true as were going the 2 week of Feb due to sons school half term. ) wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We just booked in Les Menuires at the end of last week for the same dates. Things were beginning to disappear.

We got 2 rooms in a small catered chalet with ski amis for £1400. There were also a few nice SC apartments in la plagne available.

Is it a family holiday?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If the French are on holiday, would Austria be a better bet? Not sure of their holidays for Carnival...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy