Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski hire organised by chalet - How Does It Work?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm going to Meribel with Skiworld. The Chalet we are staying at has an offer that the ski hire will be brought to the chalet for us. I phoned up to ask how this might work in practice and was given very little detail.

Does anyone know?

Do they measure you up for skis, boots and poles in your chalet?

Just wondering as its a little more to rent go with the chalet rather than renting directly off a shop. But I'm willing to pay more if it is convenient.

Thanks,
R
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We did this a few years ago in Tignes. They asked for shoe sizes, experience, height, weight, etc. in advance and then came with a big van of options. That part of it was fine, and more efficient than trekking to a shop a little way away. The rub came when I wanted to swap my boots in the middle of the day, at which point I discovered that their shop was in an inconvenient location and I wasted a reasonable amount of time getting there and back.

I'd go with it if you know that their 'real' location is convenient for you.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Worked ok when we were with Ski Cuisine. Probably most useful if you are ski in ski out, since the hire shops near Chaudanne will look after your skis overnight which can have its benefits.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Our friends have done this a few times and must have liked it although it seemed like a bit of a faff to me. The hire company brought everything around in a van with several options but you did have to phone them when you were ready and then had to wait for them to arrive as obviously they had other customers to serve. At the end of the hire you had the same rigmarole to get everything collected.

I preferred to use the local shop. It was only 20 yards away and a much quicker process all around.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy