Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Unfair boot hire charges?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@blahblahblah, it's an exercise in blowing smoke up their own ar5es. Not sure what any of it has to do with being good at renting equipment. I might just use their contact page to make a few bizarre requests.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@PollSki, I expect others have said similar but a pair of boots being comfortable in a shop doesn't mean that they will be comfortable after a couple of hours on a board. As a family, we regularly have to go back to get replacement boots for that reason. Never had any issues.

Size 11 isn't that big and I am surprised that they couldn't offer an alternative pair and that they refused any refund. Particularly when they have this on their website:

Quote:

So, whether you want to hire, buy or leave your kit with us, or just buy sun glasses or energy bars, come and visit us – the client comes first , and we want to make it the best holiday ever for you!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
To be fair, it's not possible to reach any firm conclusion on this case when we've only heard one side of the story, and that second hand and some time after the event.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w wrote:
To be fair, it's not possible to reach any firm conclusion on this case when we've only heard one side of the story, and that second hand and some time after the event.

Yes but it's an opinion forum not a court of law - on the balance of probabilities assuming the OP has given an honest account is a sorta implicit caveat I feel in any thread like this.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When we experienced similar in France it was getting ski boots in size 12. The largest they had for rental was size 11 so hubby ended up buying.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
On the previous page someone mentioned Equilibre in Arc 2000. I can confirm they are great - ordered in the part and repaired my Scarpa boots while everyone else was shrugging their shoulders and saying "dommage"....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Definitely think this is a poor show on the part of the rental shop.
Doesn't instill much confidence.

I bought boots some years ago, but prior to that (and presently on my wife's behalf- she still hires when she goes) if we've had discomfort hire stores have always swapped out without a peep.
Granted, I've not been in a position where the only option was return/refund.

In terms of cost to them, the loss of income from a weeks hire of boots has got to be negligible, and far preferable to any ill will and bad press or poor word of mouth.

This post is all I need to avoid them were I to go (and remember... Which I probably wouldn't)

Would love to hear their side of the story.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ray Zorro wrote:

Size 11 isn't that big and I am surprised that they couldn't offer an alternative pair

I thought the OP didn't know what size his friend is Puzzled

As the story stands, it is a bit poo-poo that they charged him a full week for a couple of hours but, yes, there's always more than one side to a story and the company have been recommended by other snowHeads.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@miranda, yes, you are right - my error. Not sure where I got that from.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy