Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Contamines

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Les Contamines on Saturday for the first time. Reading around looks like there is plenty of easily accessible off piste. Not sure which pass to get as there does not seem to be much tree skiing if the weather is rough and will have a car. Happy to meet up with any snowheads - have Avy kit and some training. Anyone experience of the guides bureau?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got a couple of mates who are doing the off piste course at the UCPA that week. I think they have a couple of days free skiing. I'll send them a link to this thread.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@BertieG,

I am a Les Contamines regular and will be skiing with a mate Sat/Sun/Mon, mainly off-piste assuming conditions allow (reserving judgement a bit given how mild the temperatures look like being this week).
As you say, there is a lot of easily accessible off-piste terrain.
I've had good experience with the guides bureau (at the tourist office, centre of the village). They do try to put together groups from stragglers so I'd recommend dropping by when you arrive and expressing some interest - they'll call you if they get enough for a group (or even do a good rate on a small group if guides are unbooked).
I'll send you a PM too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jedster, pm sent. Thanks for the info.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@BertieG
As eversolazy says, there are two of us going to the UCPA (arriving on the 30th).
We have a day to 'find our legs' on the 31st (which I imagine we'll need!) and then 1/2 a day on the 6th when hopefully we'll know where were are going after a week of guided skiing.
I'm nervous about the snow conditions for off-piste though....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Avalanche risk is down to 2. Which is good.
Looks well skied out and I suspect what isn't will be very crusty. Probably some "spring" snow to be had. Anyway just see it as "character building". Off piste skiing isn't all about powder, it's about coping with whatever you find.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@cheltom. Fingers crossed for the snow gods to smile on you. I would be interested how you get on at the UCPA in Les Contamines, I was thinking about having a change from my usual trip to Argentiere. Especially the mix of guests, the French are cool but the Swedes really make Argentiere a blast.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My first day is going to be Stormy Sunday - I guess St Gervais/ Megeve is going to be less exposed than Les C?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy