Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet - word of warning.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I flew from Edinburgh to Geneva on Friday and returned on Sunday.

When I tried to check in on Thursday evening I could do so only for the return flight. This raised alarm bells as I was also unable to choose a seat on the plane during the check in process. I did check to see if they were still selling seats for the flight and they were.

I arrived at the airport early, checked in (received boarding pass), took my baggage to oversize luggage, went through security, bought a coffee and sat down.

After one sip (I kid you not) my name is called over the tannoy, asking for me to return to the check in desk. I do so and am told that the flight is overbooked and that I am on a reserve list. They offered me an alternative flight to Geneva via either Bristol or Stanstead and 250 Euro compensation. My flight was due in at 9.30 am and the alternative flights would arrive at approx. 5.30 pm. I was not interested in this option.

I had to go back through security and ask at the boarding desk to see if anyone hadn't turned up. Luckily for me I managed to get a seat on the plane and made it to Geneva on time and was skiing at noon.

Moral of the story - check in and print boarding passes as soon as possible as Easyjet DO oversell flights.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Useful, thanks. Glad you made it!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Phew, What a nightmare. I'm glad you got on the flight in the end.

I guess the real problem here is that while the airlines have always overbooked flights, online check in means seats have already been allocated to the people who aren't going to turn up. Not nice at all to be in that situation but I can see why it happens.

The only good thing is that the airlines are pretty good at ensuring very few customers end up being bumped off the flight. I know it does happen and it's a nightmare when it does, it's just good that it only happens rarely.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@JoyZipper, I've seen it happen quite a few times on my EDI-STN commute. I've never been affected as I always have a pre-reserved seat (easyJet Plus card holder) but always make doubly sure by checking-in online as soon as it opens.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@JoyZipper, Thanks for the warning.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@JoyZipper, glad it worked out, but frustrating nonetheless.
I wonder if they reserve this treatment for solo passengers, or could it happen to a family of four??
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@snowfraise, it can happen to anyone who doesn't check-in. The easiest way to avoid it is to check-in as soon as it opens 4 weeks out. Once you have a seat with easyJet they won't take it away. If, as a family of 4, you leave it to the night before or at the airport, then you could easily find yourself on standby.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good advice @Gaza. I don't think Mr snowfraise would be happy in that situation!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Gaza, not always. My OH once got bumped on a LGW-AGP flight even though she'd paid the upgrade for a specific seat, and so had the seat assignment (yes, she'd forgotten to check in for the return leg until the night before, online wouldn't accept the check in, tried to do it at the airport). After a load of argument, she eventually got compensation and on a 3-4hr later flight (original offer was a flight 4 days later!). Yep...always remember to check in online with time to spare!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@JoyZipper, Very useful advice and warning...thanks
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Your Rights

http://www.airpassengerrights.eu/en/your-rights-a-summary.html

Not sure what rights you will have when the UK leaves the EU Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another word of warning re easyJet. Their iOS app generally works well in my expereince and the gate announcement feature looked very useful. However, it became apparent this weekend that the gate notification from the app is much later than the announcement on the flight boards at the airport - over 40 minutes later. As a result of this I got to the gate much later than expected and sure enough my hand luggage bag ended up going in the hold as they reckoned that all of the overhead lockers would be full. So not a feature of the app I'll be relying on in the future.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy