Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Birthday bash!5th to 8th February 2016 - Verbier

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, everyone! I am new on this board. Only learned to ski two seasons ago so am a very late starter. I am a female intermediate skier who will be in Verbier for the first time on the mentioned dates. Looking for buddies to share the experience with. Also, any advice on blue/easy red runs in Verbier will be very welcome. I am also booked on the EOSB 2016. Looking forward to hearing from you and making new ski buddies Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hiya

Out of curiosity, have you booked your flights and accommodation? If so, I'm just curious to how much it set you back?

I can only imagine it's not a cheap package..... eep
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@RobPowell, Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm guessing by that look that the birthday bash is a pre-planned forum trip and I just now look foolish? Embarassed
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's ok @RobPowell, don't blush Wink Easy mistake to make... And to answer your question, it's all booked. Incidentally I work in Geneva. Verbier is only a 2-hour drive away Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Can I still save some face by asking you to post a few words once you've been to say how suitable it is for an intermediate? Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Am I the only one confused by the title? The birthday bash is the week before and not in Verbier....
P.S. Welcome to snowheads @jangab73
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Am I the only one confused by the title? The birthday bash is the week before and not in Verbier....
P.S. Welcome to snowheads @jangab73

Tubaski, sorry if my post confuses you. That is not my intent. This post/thread is to do with my personal birthday and not the official one.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Can I still save some face by asking you to post a few words once you've been to say how suitable it is for an intermediate?

Of course, @RobPowell, will do Smile

@Tubaski, thanks for the warm welcome!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don't go on mont jolie... Makes tortin look like a tea party!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Richt128, Thanks for the tip! Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A few days late for my own birthday but the time and location would suit me very well. Has anything come of this thread? Happy to help people progress their skiing.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@jangab73, welcome to snowheads!

I used to live in Geneva – Verbier is great for a fun weekend. I’ll be in Chamonix that weekend though, or I’d happily show you around. I'm on the EoSB though, see you there Smile

Some nice slopes to get your confidence:
- Lift up to Attelas and ski down onto the Lac des Vaux pistes – easy to loop around a couple of chairs there and get to know the small area to build confidence.
- Ski back down to Ruinettes from Attelas – big wide pistes, with usually a couple of alterate routes on any steeper bits.
- Ski over to La Chaux – again some nice cruisey pistes, wide, good selection, and it’s really nice and sunny on a good day. Very pleasant.

La Vache is a good stop for a burger or pizza at lunchtime if you want a nice spot high up on the mountain – but best to book ahead at lunchtime, or go early. It’s at the top of the Les Attelas chair (I think!).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@fixx, Thanks! I think I'll print out the tips you've sent. Sadly we'll miss each other but looking forward to meeting you on EoSB Wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@atd, Hi Are you in Verbier that weekend?
latest report
I could be, hopefully! : ) Cost is not an issue, so it's just case of arranging the logistics - flight etc. If I had a "sensible" car, I would drive there.

Like you, I've not been to Verbier previously, so it would be a nice resort to visit. Just joined this board today btw.

Has anything definite been arranged so far?
snow conditions
@atd, Will send you a PM
ski holidays
@RobPowell, You asked so here it is: snowHead

Back from Verbier. Such a great place. As a very, very late learner (only learned to ski two seasons ago)I can officially say, that there is something for everybody. I
didn't do any off-piste. I'm not that good yet. I was lucky to have good weather for two days. The views were stunning (couldn't resist stopping to take it all in and
take pictures) and the quality of food in the restaurants were really good. I highly recommend Cabane du Mont Fort! And most definitely apres-ski is just fab so much I
chose not to ski the next day as I had too many beverages the night before. Yep! I'm a lightweight.

Here's a brief account of my shortened trip cut down to two days as I have also had to give up a day off to work in the morning. Deadlines!

Day 1
Drove straight to Le Chable to park. Took gondola lift to Medran that continued on to the Ruinettes (Attelas). Did Lac de Vaux 1 (blue) which was a bit steep to start
but easy warm up a few times getting used to my newer longer skis. Then did the Lac de Vaux 2 which was a red but only marginally harder than it's blue counter part.
But it gave me a confidence boost to do the long Attelas run to the Les Ruinettes. Steep but wide. It started off nice to begin with but I hit bumps in a section. I
crashed and slid for some metres head first! Lost both skis and a pole on the way down lol. It took three people to get my stuff back to me where I had unceremoniously

stopped lol. I tried to get the other ski on to no avail. So decided to slide the rest of the way down to relatively flat section on my side holding both my skis in my
as a brake to control the speed of my descent. Anyway, dusted myself off and joined the calm blue run Etiertses back down into town. That was enough skiing for me.
Home time.

Day 2
Back to Les Ruinettes by gondola to take the La Chaux Express liftm to Fontanet. La Chaux red invited me Smile so I took it steep at the top but wide enough past the
snowpark to the restaurant to meet a former boss and his wife (both experienced skiers) and we all took the chairlift back up to do the ride again twice over. Good
confidence builder. Said former boss did a few jumps in the Snowpark. I wasn't quite up for that.
Now ready to take the Jumbo gondola to Col de Gentianes. Once again stunning views. Then came the steepest run I've ever done. Piste maps do nothing to give an idea,
neither do experienced skiers Smile Took a deep breath and with the encouragement of my companions, made it down just fine. Yay, me! Stopped at the Cabane du Mont Fort
for a snack. Was joined by a work colleague so had to have a few more beverages before skiing the rest of the way down to La Chaux, then took Fontanet and the narrow
winding Hattey back down to Medran lift to get back in time to pick up my birthday cake from a village bakery. Then apres ski, of course!Then the rest of the night life!

All in all, great experience and will go to Verbier again. Still got two discount ski pass vouchers to use up! Such a great atmosphere!

PS: This photo is me at the start of the steep section on Gentianes.. Those two dots at the bottom are people! Looking at it now, a bit scary!
http://sassypersonaninja.tumblr.com/post/138882942188

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 8-02-16 0:39; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
@Richt128, Thanks to your warning, I steered clear of Mont Gelé and Tortin Wink
snow report
@fixx, Thanks for the tips. You can see I used them Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy