Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix now until lifts close

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm in Chamonix for the rest of the season and looking for people to go skiing with.
I am happy both on and off piste but I don't have any avalanche gear so off piste is a little iffy.
Pretty experienced, I just get really bored skiing solo!

Get in touch.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@stubblepoo,
I suspect that most of the seasonairs and Chamonix regulars on here spend quite a large proportion of their time off piste. I think you will find it much easier to link up with others if you have avalanche equipment and are well versed in how to use it.

Or to put it another way, I would not recommend you ski properly off piste with anyone prepared to go without avalanche equipment. I wouldn't.

Hope that helps
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for the reply,
yeah, that's is how is been so far, so until I get my gear.
I guess i am hoping to find people to hit the pistes with.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try Chamfinder community website, it is a great site for everything in the Chamonix valley.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@stubblepoo

hey, I would love to ski in the weekends in Chamonix! (during the week I have to work). Let me know when you're free so we can arrange! Cate
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@stubblepoo,
hey, I would love to ski in the weekends in Chamonix! (during the week I have to work). Let me know when you're free so we can arrange! Cate
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you're in Chamonix for the season then I strongly recommend you get the avi gear; it will open up a whole world of fun to you.

You could try posting on the Chamonix 15/16 thread but as @HammondR, says most staying in Chamonix for the season (like myself) are probably doing mostly off-piste and would be reluctant to ski off-piste with people without the appropriate gear.

It shouldn't be a huge outlay as you can generally get the most expensive bit - the transceiver/beacon - second hand for moderate prices on ebay (eg. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ortovox-Digital-Patroller-Transceiver-Avalanche-Beacon-/172076677763?hash=item281091ba83:g:t1oAAOSwFqJWpoFo) Do make sure you get a digital directional one though. Shovel and probe are not wallet breakers and even adding harness etc. for glacier skiing is not too expensive.

Definitely worth paying the money.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Could you do one of the UCPA off piste courses at Argentiere?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Also in for the season and always up for a Ski. As other have said, grab the Avi gear - it's not expensive (Zero G do a kit for about 240€), and means that you'll be open for a world of extra fun (assuming we get snow!). Y'man HammondR is great for a Ski with if you've got the kit Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy