Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Work travel win - Colorado & Canada!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have won at work travel – 3 centre trip to Denver, Vancouver and Calgary in March!!

So Colorado, Banff, and Whistler are going to happen. Plan is to fly to Denver for a couple of days early and get up the mountain, do meetings in Denver then Vancouver, Whistler for the weekend, Calgary meetings the following Monday and Tuesday, get up the mountain and fly back home on Friday for the weekend (Necessary to avoid relationship break-up, I suspect.

I have never skiied in Colorado – recommendations/tips anyone? Do I need to hire a car etc> I have a pretty good handle on Whistler and Banff/Lake Louise – but Colorado is unknown territory...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think my boss would know I was taking the wee wee if I presented that as a work trip.

Your main issue in Colorado is ticket prices - don't know if you can get MTN Collective still but for around $500 you'd be able to get 2 days in each of Aspen/Snowmass, WB & Sunshine/LL and half price days for any extras. Otherwise check King Soopers deals. Loveland & Abasin best bang for buck IMV.

Colorado Mountain Express runs shuttles to the Vail Resorts/Aspen from DIA but rental cars cheap and flexible & gas under $2 a gallon
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My boss suggested the trip!

As for ticket prices, I'm taking a client up the mountain and expensing that badboy. Cheaper than the usual wining and dining them in the evenings.

The US is a bit mental now. I was in Utah a year ago and it was $120 a day for tickets in places...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gissa job - I can do that!!!

$175 for a day pass at Vail or BC over New Year. Money no object stay somewhere nice in Vail or Aspen and have at it. Where exactly you ski will depend on your ambition/skill or that of your client.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks so much for the advice.

I'm an early expert/expert skier, and client will be as well. May try to do a guided day...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
OK - guided in Colorado isn't really a major thing unless you go to Silverton which is a bit of a roadtrip - it really means full day touring though I couldn't swear to it - ask Apex and Paragon if anyone commercially guides East Vail for instance . Sign up for a private with a minimum PSIA L3 and get the instructor to show you the goods if you want that sort of thing.

Aspen Highlands and Snowmass have great expert terrain and Highlands Bowl well worth the hike at 13000 ft. Grouse at Beaver Creek is all expert but often big bumps. Vail doesn't have mega steeps but it does have huge open bowls where you basically see it and ski it (keeping in mind movement and effects of sun & refreeze for timing)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Winter Park is the nearest ski hill to Denver: plenty of bumps if you like them.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks guys - and I love bumps!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy