Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whos done a ski season in New Zealand?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at doing my fist season this year, and i have been looking at New Zealand. Anyone done one out their? Any resort as im still looking at options, as none of them take on until February. Also whats the crack with lifties and stuff out their compared to France/ Europe? As they seem to take on internationals to do some of the slope work as well as in resort staff, which id be really keen to try out. Thanks all
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A long, long time ago, but I can still remember...

NZSki.com were the big employer when I was there, running Coronet Peak and The Remarkables (the Queenstown resorts) plus Mount Hutt. Different from Europe in that one company runs EVERYTHING at the resort - lifts, ski school, ski hire, catering...

I'd recommend either Queenstown or Wanaka (for Treble Cone / Cardrona). Both cool towns with quick resort access. QT is more lively/touristy, Wanaka is more chilled-out. Remember that there is almost no resort-level accommodation in NZ, so you'll be based in one of these 2 towns (or Methven for Mount Hutt).

No idea what the deal is with lifties!

We mostly stayed in QT, but travelled around a bit as well. I liked Treble Cone best, but it was furthest away so we didn't go very often. After that, The Remarks was cool (nice park, some decent pistes, some good freeriding), Coronet was good for piste but not much else, Cardrona was a bit on the flat side. Mount Hutt was bigger than any of the QT/Wanaka resorts.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Done a season in Australia but not NZ.

The skiing should be better in NZ.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have a look at this thread, dont know if the originator got a job in the end but you could try to PM them.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=117170&highlight=
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I live in Queenstown and have lived in Wanaka so what do you want to know.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks all, sarge have you got an email adress ill email you rather than keep bumping this thread. thanks
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Why go somewhere literally half the world away (presuming you are British) to do a season unless the skiing there is phenomenal. Is NZ that good for skiing?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i am english, im a tree surgeon too, and nz is THE place to go for tree work! and i hear that yes the skiing is quite good too! plus i want to go and live somewhere new for a while where i can progress, working in sweden at the minute, and its not far enough away from england for me...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@treeslayer, Send me a private message on this forum.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@treeslayer, had some great fun skiing in NZ. Very different feel to the Alps. The resorts are much smaller, but once you get your head round that it really doesn't seem to matter. The small scale, club fields, friendly vibe all give the place a character of its own. Great food and lots of terrific bars and restaurants. Après sitting by a big log fire and drinking a Kiwi Pinot Noir.

http://www.chillout.co.nz Gives a nice feel for some of the smaller places, but you'll probably meet more people somewhere busier like Queenstown.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stevomcd wrote:

My experience is also rather long ago, the 1994 season in Turoa ski school, North Island, when I went there with a holiday working visa.

Back then the ski school selected rookies from a hiring clinic at the start of the season, some with experience got work immediately while others were trained up to work the holiday period. Lifties etc were local though a few foreigners did other jobs in the town using holiday working visas. I got a second job washing dishes in a cafe by going round every establishment in the town asking until one came up. Still didn't break even.

Fantastic experience, just can't believe it's so long ago!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
balernoStu wrote:
stevomcd wrote:

Fantastic experience, just can't believe it's so long ago!

Just tells you are getting old Toofy Grin !
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy