Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mutters - Axamer link?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A friend and I are off to Innsbruck for a cheeky ski weekend early March.
Does anyone know if the proposed new lift between the Mutters ski area and Axamer Lizum ever progressed?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure when/where a lift was proposed, but generally no, however:

You can take the Birgitzköpfl chairlift up the hut (other than the lift is only open for pedestrians going to hut atm), and then ski down to Mutters, but it's technically offpiste (though very gentle slope, and usually very tracked by skitourers) and you do have to know where to go as otherwise you can end up on the toboggan track or at the access road up to Axamer Lizum (if you know the road up well, it's where you'll often see a lot of parked cars).

Also very happy to say the proposed lift between Axamer and Schlick (over the Kalkkögel) has also been scrapped. For now, at least, anyway... I'm sure it'll rear its ugly head again at some point Skullie
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the confirmation @clarky999, I was doing a google search on it, and a poster on another forum (came across as a bit of a local expert) posted in Sept 2014 that they expected the lift to be complete for winter 2015/16. From your reply - this is evidently not the case. Are you aware if it has been shelved completely?
Also on a slightly different subject - Bergfex are saying that only 11km out of Axamers 40 Km of piste are open at the moment - can this be correct so far into the season?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy