Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine anybody know the slopes to take a hen party round for the afternoon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I am having my hen party on the 12th March and have a group off around 10 that have never skied before, we want to find a non-official moutain guide just to show us the blues and how to get to avoraiz. We did look into a guide but the price was to expensive and all we want is some to show us how to get around for a couple of hours, So if any body would like to earn a buck let know, Many Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to Snowheads @mavisflo. There are massive difficulties with being paid to be a guide in France without the required qualifications. Can you all ski? You might find someone to help just for a laugh (I'd do it in my area) but between 10 of you a ski instructor for a morning shouldn't be too costly. Good luck. snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I assume that when you say you have never skied before then you are all total beginners??
If so , then you won't be able to ski around the blues the moment you slip your feet into bindings.
Contact one of the ski schools in Morzine and arrange a couple of private instructors to take you into two groups for a total beginners lesson.
Assuming you are all keen you will have fun just on the nursery slopes.
good luck
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi and welcome to Snowheads!

Another bit of advice is to have a pre-hen party at your nearest snow dome if possible (more than 1 if practical) as every hour you spend getting used to the skis will reap dividends when you actually get out there!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If never skied before, then some wont be leaving the baby slope?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@dsoutar, I read the OP as never having skied the area but looking more carefully maybe some, or all, have never skied at all in which case they need, as you say, lessons on a nursery slope, maybe for a couple of hours rather than a whole day, which would be exhausting.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mavisflo, not a good idea! Better try sledging or ice skating in Morzine. Ten joly hens on a slope for the first time is not a good idea, doubt all of them enjoy, and there is a risk in a big group of novices that somebody will get hurt.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The only way total beginners are getting to avoriaz is by getting the bus and taking the prodains express, as others have mentioned if they've never skied before they're gonna be spending their time on the learner slopes, as for finding a cheap guide unless you know someone out there the only thing is split the cost of a instructor for a day usually in the region of 350 euros so hardly breaking the bank between 10 people.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
..and the award for thread most likely to attract sanctimonious and "just don't" answers 2016 goes to.

Well played. hitting the perfect trifecta of French labour practices, overambitious newbies and basic navigational stereotypes. Home run if you squeezed something in about whether you needed helmets.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I forgot to mention half of us have been sking quite a few times and the other half are learning at the moment in england, we just want to be shown some easy slopes nothing to deadly we are all mid-30's so we wont be going to cray lol. We want to know from are chalet where to go to get the easy slopes, how we get to avoriaz as we are booked in for a music fest.. but as we are older we didnt want to be bang smack in the middle so we need to know how we can get there are back, thanks for the answers thou guys really appreicate it Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What a great hen party! Smile
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Surely between 10 of you can work out how to get to Avoriaz by simply looking at a piste map?

As for your actual hen party (12th March), will that be at the end or at the beginning of your holiday- or are you there literally for 1 day? If it's towards the end, you might find that even the beginners (who are having lessons in the UK) will be able to get there and back on blues without any issues.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@mavisflo, sounds like a fab hen do. Have you asked your chalet hosts/owners? They might not be able to officially "guide" you themselves, but I'm sure they can give you a lot of pointers wink (or at the very least find someone who could).
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think it's sensible to be looking for a knowledgeable guide rather than risk your beginners getting out of their depth, which is no fun. Piste maps are not always easy to follow. And the weather might be difficult, with poor visibility.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
At the top of the Super Morzine lift - follow the crowd, one boring green and two lifts later you are in Avoriaz. Get the bus back.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy