Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Classic where to go thread - sorry - half term 2017

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Apologies for this type of thread as I know it is done to death.

We Skied Val Thorens last year (loved it) Pas De La Casa the previous two (enjoyed it) and Borovets the year before (not the best).

Due to a number of people in our group becoming teachers this year we are looking to book to go in half term 2017 (feb 18th-25th). There is usually a group of 8 of us and we normally book a cheapish apartment and ski hire/pass flights and transport with companies such as crystal for around £800.

Due to it being half term we expect to pay around £1000/£1100 for everything. However we are going to be a larger group next year of approx 12-14 people and would love a chalet (not sure if it is feasible?) as a couple of members of the group dont enjoy skiing as much as the rest and would like to relax in a living room rather than a small bedroom.

I appreciate that we may not be able to afford some of the larger resorts such as Val Thorens so is there any other resort you would recommend (good apres ski/nightlife is appreciated as the group is aged between 25-2Cool.

Also any good websites to look for what I am looking for apart from Iglu Ski, Crystal and Neilsons?

Thanks for your help

Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd say Saalbach would be ideal. Also have a look at Italy, should be less busy at half term.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are those your half term dates? Seems a week later than a lot of other areas, that might help with the cost, if so.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Half term falls over 2 weeks in England in 2017. The main week is Feb 11th to 18th judging by the prices on Crystals website.

Luckily our kids are off 18th to 25th. Already booked Jet2 flights from Edinburgh for the 4 of us into Salzburg which were around £760 which isn't bad for half term - just a couple of hours drive from the North East. Prices from English airports with Jet2 are already eyewatering - £1850 from Bradford for the 18th-25th Feb 2017!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Use owners direct we have just come back from a fab chalet in oz en oisans and it sleeps 17 comfortably and 21 max.
We paid £3000 for rental but if you are all single that works out very cheap.
Bought easy flights on release day and pre booked ski passes.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Do you mean a catered chalet, or self-catering? If the latter, this gite (which is opposite my apartment, and which we are renting at Easter for a big family party) sleeps 12 - 14 and is absolutely delightful. Well equipped, super views right by the piste.

http://www.gites-de-france.com/location-vacances-Villard-sur-doron-les-saisies-Gite-Le-Gite-De-Bisanne-73G317117.html
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Self catering
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy