Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Your First Ever Ski Holiday?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Our first ski holiday was in 1995 with two other families and a couple. All were skiers except us. We booked the Les Lindars hotel in Flaine for full board, child care and wine with meals. My own kids were 5 and 6 , the other two a little younger. We borrowed clothing and I think hubby may even have borrowed a stylish pair of rear entry boots Laughing Laughing . Weather threw everything at us. We had rain, hail, snow, thunder, lightening and finally on the last day beautiful sunshine. At one point only us beginners could ski as the remainder of the pistes were closed. Our borrowed kit leaked and we had to go back at lunchtime and dry off the gear before our afternoon lesson. Son no 1 braved the weather every day, but for most of them son no 2 preferred the company of the nannies in the creche, but both got a badge at the end of the week from the ESI school. Skiing down the Serpentine on our last day was fabulous. We went back to Les Lindars the following year, and if anything it was even better as it had been bought by Club Med.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In 1988 went with a large group of friends with an 18-30 Holidays trip to Embach in Austria, a 2 drag lift resort near Rauris. My first encounter (horrified) with an Austrian twin room I was meant to be sharing with a mate, got moved to a double! I think now I'd be more accommodating. Lots of beer and late nights, in a strange local disco. Lots of side stepping on the first few days. Lots and lots of falling over. Last day we went to Rauris and skied in a "proper" resort. Had to download on a chair; that was an experience.

Anyway been skiing every year since, the experience didn't put me off
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy