Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Large ski/board bag

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I am after a large board /ski bag that I can pack boots, clothes and 177 skis into, I don't want to take any other checked luggage. Any recommendations please.

Ta.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try Thule, they make some good ones, large too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are plenty of options from Dakine, Burton, etc. I've actually found that you run out of weight allowance before you run out of space.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm awaiting a Dakine Fall Line Double - 175 (although I understand it will take slightly longer skis). They also do a Fall Line 190 bag. Should arrive by the end of the week, will let you know what it's like.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@hammerite, I'm disappointed by my Fall Line as it doesn't have internal or external straps. It is a poor omission.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@StinkingGoat, Welcome to snowHeads!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Guys, have seen offerings from Snocart (sp) but not sure airlines would accept the items zipped together?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Watch your overall weight limit - normally around 32kg total - easy to sail over when you've got a big pack to stuff.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Gaza, my bag arrived today, and I see what you mean. We got a single wheeled bag from Decathlon a few months back and it had straps in. I guess I'll just have to make sure I pack the bag fairly tightly with stuff.

Otherwise I'm quite impressed with the bag. It was big enough for me to get in and zip up past my waist - couldn't resist trying. Very reasonably priced too.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@hammerite, I've no complaints about the quality and style. It is the omission of what seems to be standard on even cheapie bags that I have an issue with. My reduced-to-£15 Nevisport/Trespass double bag has internal and external straps. That bag is good quality but it was a bit too small for what I needed it for.

I need to have a "test pack" with 2 sets of skis to see how much else I can get in before it reaches 20kg. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I just got a big one from Decathon for £80. My 170 skis just fit in but there is an extra end pocket bit that would take 177s. I'm quite impressed with it for the price.
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/easy2travel-snowboard-bag-id_8317192.html
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Dirty Gibson, that's very similar to our other bag, although ours doesn't have the bits to hold boots.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Last year I had 3 sets of skis (170, 153, 128, all piste skis, narrow and quite light), 3 sets of poles, a pair of boots and various bits of clothing to pad it all out, in my Fall Line double 175. Came in under 23kg, though I can't remember how much below. The lack of straps didn't seem to matter.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Evoc 175cm ski / board bag , best one out there , loads of protection and boot pockets etc
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for your advice. Just bought a Dakine bag..
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy