Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne end of February

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am considering going to La Plagne from 24th February for one week. I am conscious that it is French school holidays in the Alps region, (I believe uk children are back to school by then). Has anybody been that week previously?. I would usually avoid February but have some free accommodation to use. I have read that it is mainly the blues that get congested. My husband and I happily ski reds and blacks.

Any past experiences during this part of February would be welcome.

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@sperkins, Welcome to snowHeads! I enjoyed La Plagne but we went there over Christmas, it was busy but not congested. Not sure how busy it will be i late feb though
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, I have been in March before but was just curious for late Feb. Will weigh up the conditions nearer the time!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not that many reds or blacks in La Plagne unfortunately. Just try and avoid the bottle neck lifts between belle plagne and plagne village at key times (1000ish for the schools starting, lunch times and then about half 4 in the afternoon) and you'll be ok. Handful of decent reds around the one called diablo or lucifer or something similar on the left hand side of the piste map from vague memory, including a couple of good long runs all the way to the bottom if the snow is good. Think you can see st martin de belleville from there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@sperkins, I have skied that week. You are right that the blues will be busier. If you go to the edges of the domain, you will find much quieter slopes - so Montalbert, Champagny and Montchavin. This is also where you'll find more reds and blacks. There are plenty in La Plagne, but they are mainly concentrated on the edges - directly above Plagne Bellecote and Plagne Centre there are a lot of blues (though some of them are quiet steep!). If you avoid transiting through Plagne Bellecote and Plagne Centre at peak morning/afternoon times you will miss the worst of the queues. Take an early or at late lunch and ski between 12-2 - the slopes will be significantly quieter then.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
wadgebeast wrote:
. Think you can see st martin de belleville from there.

Sadly a few of these lumpy things that we like to ski down will get in the way. You can however see courchevel and the altiport from the champagny (backside) of the mountain
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy