Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val D Ski Hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am looking to hire a pair of skis for a week. I am an intermediate/advanced skier, not looking for anything too crazy and have my own boots and helmet. I know snowberry has been widely recommended, however their price is almost twice what I can find at Ski Republic (91 euro for Rossignol if I pre-booked). Is it worth the extra price or should I just get a pair of skis in ski republic?

Also - any skis that are particularly recommended skis - I think they have Rossingol experience 78 LTD and Rossignol persuit 16.5.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been happy renting skis from Skimium 3 out of 4 most recent holidays in different resorts. Approx cost of premium skis with them 134 euros for 6 days. 5% off for a Decathlon discount card. They have 3 shops in Val D centre and another in La Daille. For premium skis they have Piste models or All Mountain models, depending on what you intend to do. Also found service good and willing to change skis if I wanted to try another model during the week, at no extra charge. Last December, in Les Arcs, I had We'dze Boost 700s (Decathlon own make) and was impressed with those in variable, often tricky, snow conditions.
The other hol I rented from Ski Republic. It was cheap but otherwise not impressed with quality of skis. Service from staff was fine though.
I rented once from Snowberry in Val D. Most expensive I've ever hired but also best ever, great service and right by where I was staying that time at Le Legattaz.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am aware that Snowberry is not the cheapest but generally I would say that often you pay for what you get and they are jolly good in there! So I guess it comes down to priorities in your hols... new (this season) kit and the ability to leave it there overnight etc are all good reasons IMO but understand that you can save a bit by renting elsewhere!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy