Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix Snow Parks

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to Chamonix this weekend and scoping out where the Snow Parks are.

I know there's a Park in the Grand Montets area and also looks like there's a new one in Balme/Le Tour.

Any advice on which Park's best for Snowboarders looking to hit rails and medium sized kickers?

Cheers!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@bake_snake, Welcome to snowHeads!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nothing at GM, couple of boxes, but there in the dumbest place ever meaning that hardly anyone ever uses them.

the le tour park opened the weekend with another couple of boxes and a few kickers but they're building it up over the next few weeks.

no rails anywhere at the moment although that could change at any point....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah ok. Thought GM park was supposed to be fairly decent? Struggling from the poor snow maybe? I'll probably have to head to le tour then on those bluebird days!

@nbt - thanks! Long time lurker, first time poster...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bake_snake, what poor snow?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lack of snow through December I meant... Not sure how much snow they'd have need to shape a park!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the lack of snow is in a way responsible for the size of the park at le tour. first there wasn't enough to open it and then it didn't stop snowing!

it was initially going to open on the 17th of December but couldn't.

The GM used to be ok (at best) but its going to be more of a banked slalom this year. not really sure why they have put the boxes out that they have in all honesty.

there's a comp in le tour on Saturday so they'll probably put a few more things out in prep for that as well though..
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cool, I'm heading out to Chamonix this weekend for 3 days so hopefully they'll put a few more bits out. Cheers for the info eddie Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Keep your eyes open around Brevent and Flegere for any medium to large (one year a monster got built from the top of the black Bozon run at Brevent for a photo shoot) mainly built by locals and seasonairres. You can't lap them as easy as a park but they are usually well built and depending on snow conditions the landings are softer! Otherwise le Tour has a wealth of natural hips and walls if you drop in the bowl below the traverse over to Vallorcine side...get the run out wrong and you may have a awkward climb out though!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dont forget the big tit at flegere Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The big tit?? Don't know what that is, but I like the sound of it!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
its a natural kicker of the side of the index lift. come off the lift, turn right and head down the piste, its just off the side on the left after about 200 meters. You'll be able to spot it by the tracks heading of the top of it.

hit it with enough speed and you'll be wondering if you'll ever hit the ground again Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nice!! Flying out tomorrow night so will be hitting the slopes first thing Saturday...will be sure to give this a go!

Any other last minute tips or spots to hit up?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
depends what you're looking for really. Chamonix is littered with natural hits all over the place. up brevent people will lap the cornu lift all day, up flegere, the index lift, and grand montets the bochard. They're really the only three lifts that most of the good freestyle/jibbers will ride unless its a powder day.

the new park up le tour is taking shape I think although I've not been there yet due to an unplanned ligament problem Sad Its got a facebook page (summitpark)

big party in monkey tonight so Saturday might be quiet haha
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Found the Facebook page, cheers, had been trying to find one earlier but failed!

I'm mainly into jibbing so what you mention pretty much nails it! Probably spend Saturday up Brevent/Flegere and then most of Sunday/Monday in Le Tour and the park. Weather forecast looks nice and sunny so not expecting much pow
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy