Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help me choose my next AM/Powder Board

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi gang,

Looking at a new powder/AM board for the coming winter.

Current favourites are:
Slash Brainstorm, Slash Straight, Jones Hovercraft, Jones Flagship, Amplid Stereo...

My background; 3 seasons under my belt, in St. Anton and Zermatt.
Riding style: a mixture of hard charging, jibbing, bit of park, and big powder days/hiking when theres the snow about.
I came from a skiing background and didn't ski much after my first season on a board I'll pretty much out match most decent skiers for speed (of the seasonnaire variety) but don't like charging for too long. A few blast runs, then like a muck about off the sides, hitting side hits and using the whole mountain.
Currently got a SLASH Paxson and a Happy Place. (156cm and 154cm respectively).

I'm looking at the above in about 158cm length or the nearest each brand does.

What I'm looking for:
Not a jib board/park board - got those bases covered.
Mainly something that will charge on the powder days but still a good charging piste board, be great if it was good for launching bigger drops and buttering through powder. I would prefer not to have something like the Flagship Carbon which is so much so a powerhouse that it's a charger out and out. I want to charge but still play on the mountain as well.
I'm not asking for the jack of all trades, definitely moving away from a softer flex board.

N.b. won't be doing a season for the foreseeable future but should get about 4 weeks a year in the Alps.
Not wanting a Burton - got bindings, don't want to use Burton bindings and not a fan regardless.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was looking for something similar myself this year and went for the Flagship. Responds really well to an aggressive riding style.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I haven't been fortunate enough to ride loads of boards but last season I was also looking for something similar. I went for the Rossignol Krypto. Similar in many ways to the Flagship but with a more aggressive Magnetraction which I find brilliant for holding high speed carves on those hard/icy pistes.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I just got the Slash Brainstorm. Haven't ridden it, but going to Japan in 2 days. Bought the board based on reviews and stats. Not too stiff (I'm a level 3 beginner), and wanted a board that will go all over the whole mountain. I'll report in after having ridden it for a couple of days.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't think you can really get piste & powder covered in one board, unless you stretch your definition of one or the other.

You could try the Lib Tech TRS pro stuff - there are tons of variants, but the one I tried in deep powder would have been better on piste, so that may be what you want. It wasn't a noodle.

Burton wise (I read that, but you can no doubt find equivalents), the Landlord is the modern Malolo and justifiably popular in the schmoo. Never had to bother riding one on a piste, but we're talking more slash than "butter".
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy