Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chinaillon - travel and stay tips for half term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We are going to Chinaillon (Le Grand Bornand) in February half term 2015. No way around it unfortunately. Just had a couple of questions if anyone has driven there before:

1. We are staying in a hotel on Friday night (South of Beaune). What’s the latest we should be heading off to avoid the worst of the traffic on Saturday morning? Luckily we don’t need to head near Lyon (which is where we got caught up a number of years ago), but I don’t want to naively think we’re fine just because we veer off toward Geneva/Annecy way.

2. On the same theme as above, what time should we be leaving on the Saturday? Are there any peak periods for traffic to avoid?

3. Does it make sense (being half term) to get a lift pass in advance? Not sure if there are hefty queues in the morning. We want flexibility with skiing either in Grand Bornand or La Clusaz and don’t really want to commit in advance.

4. Easiest way to get from Chinaillon to La Clusaz if skiing there for the day?

Appreciate any guidance!

Thanks
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy