Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French School Hols in Feb

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone tell me when they are please, I want to avoid the UK half term (15th) and need to dodge the French too!

Ta

CG
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They run for 4 weeks but it's really only the middle 2 that are busy, so would avoid 13th-27th.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Miranda.

Sorted via Miranda and the search function- thanks all, no need for further replies.

CG
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@miranda,
Quote:

They run for 4 weeks but it's really only the middle 2 that are busy, so would avoid 13th-27th.

Earlier post (below) shows Paris week 27 Feb-5 Mar in 2016. Is that not really busy? If not I may bring my hol plans forward a week earlier.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=117735
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@intermediate, I guess it depends where you are… we are in a quiet area so I can't speak for all French areas and don't want to be responsible for you booking a holiday somewhere and it being manic (!), but the real 'busy' weeks for us are the one week when you have 2 French zones on holiday AND the main UK half term, plus - to a lesser degree - the other week when you have 2 French zones on holiday. Which this year would cover the 13th-27th. In my experience, one French zone on holiday - even if it's Paris - doesn't make it hugely busy, not least because (round here) they only seem to ski 10-12 and 2-4 and not at all if it's snowing Confused Very "fair-weather" attitude… of course it is going to be quieter outside of school holidays, but if the timings are much more convenient for you to go a week earlier, I personally wouldn't let it put you off.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@miranda,
Quote:

don't want to be responsible for you booking a holiday somewhere and it being manic

Thanks for your response and don't worry...only I'm responsible for booking when I go.
I suspect the usually larger areas I tend to go (EK, 3V, Pdski) have a higher proportion of skiers/boarders who get the miles in and value from their lift pass. So they can get busy during French school holidays. I always take either an early/late lunch break though and benefit from fairly empty pistes 12.30-2ish.
I haven't been out there during Paris week for a long time. Encouraging to see that you don't think it makes that much difference to crowds.
Thanks again.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@miranda is 100% correct (based on around a dozen half term weeks in Chatel).

Main issue the middle two French weeks, especially the one(s) that involve Paris and particularly if it coincides with UK. Depending on your resort Dutch holiday week can be relevant too. Chatel is very popular with the cloggies so the perfect storm is two French regions including Paris plus UK and Dutch. Then it gets really bad.

This year the first double French week coincides with UK and the second with NL and includes Paris so avoid both those.

Week 27/2 - 5/3 includes Paris but as it's only them it will be OK. Our lads' trip has often been the last week of the French hols and whilst it is notably busy it is not too bad. Worst of it can be avoided by getting up the base lift before ski school starts, ski for a bit, 11.30 coffee stop, lunch around 1400 then keep going until the lifts close.

This year our first trip is 30/1-6/2, second trip 5-12/3 neatly book-ending four weeks of French hols Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Does it have to be France?

Italy doesn't have a February half term so no issues wherever you go.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy