Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere = "Magaluf on Ice"

Poster: A snowHead
French locals getting worried about party Brits in Val Despair...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3404104/Passed-snow-carried-home-friends-boozy-Brits-drag-chic-French-ski-resort-gutter-Locals-blame-noisy-rowdy-behaviour-Val-d-Isere-Magaluf-ice.html

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A similar article from the daily mirror turned up on my Facebook feed, now can someone tell me where they went for the cheap drinks up the mountain and in town! The Foulie was charging nearly 10e for a small bottle of lager.

Is this a press release from the tourist agency of VD?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/boozy-british-skiers-turned-chic-7191882
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And the Folie Douce is certainly not full of brits. Far more non-brits any time I've ever been.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
"Even after holidaymakers have hit the slopes, expenses remain low, with bottles of wine on offer for as little as £2 and beer at some bars starting at £1.50."

For the love of God, where?

I'd rather have root canal surgery than drink at the Folie Douce but it's only one place on the mountain.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The guy in that picture looks French to me. That hat is atrocious.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
the Folie Douce is half way up the mountain and closes at 5, not entirely sure why it needs a soudproof wall. Also, anyone seen the Dutch & Skandis drink? Sheesh.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
1.5 euro a bottle of lager and 2 euro for a bottle of wine. where? sure they confusing Val d'Isere with Bankso?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ewanmalone, they did say in a supermarket.

Been going on for donkeys, just trash sensational internet journos, with mail vs mirror etc
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What a load of bollox. They could have written the same article about St Anton (for example), swapping the Folie for the Mooserwirt - and it wouldn't have been any nearer the truth.

Beer at some bars starting at £1.50!?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
What a joke of an article they are.

Typical Daily Mail / Mirror trash and sensationalism.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Weathercam wrote:
@ewanmalone, they did say in a supermarket.

Pretty hard IME to spend much less than €10 on a bottle of wine in a Val d'Isere supermarche. This is why people stock up in Bourg.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rosé is very cheap in the supermarket. The seasonnaires have a game where they have to drink entire bottle (each) on lift up to the Folie. Then they are suitably tanked to enjoy the dancing but not have to buy.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not sure I would ever have described VDI as 'Chic' ?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Peter S, my description sounds a bit like that though.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

"Regretting that last pint? A reveller takes a tumble in the snow after realising that alcohol and ski boots aren't the ideal combination"

He isn't even wearing ski boots haha. As for the "pints in some bars for £1.50" I'd really like to know where those are! Gutter journalism.
snow report
Peter S wrote:
Not sure I would ever have described VDI as 'Chic' ?

There is a spectrum. Some private chalets are certainly chic and owned by the seriously wealthy. Take a look at the prices in some of the more upmarket restaurant and tell me you wouldn't expect a bit of chic at those prices.
latest report
Somebody in the Val ski resort didn't chuck some freebies at the Daily Mail morons or comp their fetid offspring in the manner they are accustomed maybe?

"Don't you know who I am!! I/Daddy wields ultimate power of a bunch of short-thinking turds in England!"
ski holidays
Obviously going against the wider opinion here but it aligns to my views. Getting woken up every night at 1am by Brits shouting in the street (literally every night) doesn't make me want to rush back. That said, the skiing does, perhaps Tignes or a 'Chic' Chalet away from the main street is better...
snow report
Are they just getting over board as it is the Uni weeks over there at the mo. Does it calm down after this week. Daughter did some repping on the Uni busses, trying to keep control and with a no alcohol rule on the bus they were still naked 40 mins after setting off.
There was only a single ferry (midnight-ish) that took all the Uni trips. Miss the boat and you waited until the day after. They did not want them mixing with normal ferry customers.
latest report
Levi215 wrote:
Getting woken up every night at 1am by Brits shouting in the street (literally every night) doesn't make me want to rush back. That said, the skiing does, perhaps Tignes or a 'Chic' Chalet away from the main street is better...

Staying a bus stop or two away from the centre seems good to me. I've stayed in the same block for years and it is very quiet. As I like it.
snow report
Yawn. It's not just Brits. In Risoul a few years ago it was Polish and Danish students. Young people drinking too much. Never did that. Laughing
snow report
What a load of absolute horse s*$!

We should implement a new SH rule that we only post articles produced by The Mirror or The Daily Mail if the sole purpose is to mock the awful journalism.

Only spent 1 week in VDI but never witnessed anything like this or got woken up in the night by noise. I even stayed out until 2am (crazy I know) one night and happily walked through the town back to my hotel without seeing anything remotely like Magaluf.
ski holidays
@Mike-H, At last some balance, thank God. I nearly booked a week based on its party reputation. Toofy Grin

To be fair I found Meribel a bit Magaloof, so have not rushed back.
ski holidays
maybe i am wrong here but i would put other nations as worse than us in certain ski resorts i have been to. also you can't get a coke for less than 5 euros in france
snow report
@blahblahblah, It is all tres subjective.

I travel with friends that want 'lively' resorts for the annual 'lads ski'. Off to Morzine soon but I am more than capable of enjoying après without being dragged through my own sick by drunk friends at silly o'clock in the morning (but I am sure it happens to others in Morzine, Meribel, VDI or even Paris).
ski holidays
http://tinyurl.com/zbyp6ox

(the above link is safe but the full one gets autocorrected to something else)
ski holidays
dogwatch wrote:
"Even after holidaymakers have hit the slopes, expenses remain low, with bottles of wine on offer for as little as £2 and beer at some bars starting at £1.50."

For the love of God, where?

I'd rather have root canal surgery than drink at the Folie Douce but it's only one place on the mountain.

Latest breaking news Val d'Isere is changing it's name to "Al d'Isere" Shocked
snow conditions
@swiftoid, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
speed098 wrote:
Latest breaking news Val d'Isere is changing it's name to "Al d'Isere" Shocked

Laughing *applause* Les Deux Alpes to respond by renaming to "Li Dls Alps"?
snow report
Zermattalan?
snow report
TK Laax?
snow report
@swiftoid, I'll be there in 10 days with a bunch of posh ladies' front bottoms and aspirational middle-management dipshits. And we will have a glorious time.

Chin chin!
snow conditions
@Dr John, good stuff, enjoy
snowHead
snow conditions
I am here now having a fab time with good normal people. Having said that I met a women in a ski shopin Val yesterday saying that it used to be such a chic resort with lovely Parisians , what do you think has happened? I just said life and left her with her Daily Fail!!
Razz
snow report
Kiters wrote:
lovely Parisians

Does such a thing exist? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@JamesN, I know Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Kiters wrote:
I met a women in a ski shopin Val yesterday saying that it used to be such a chic resort with lovely Parisians , what do you think has happened?

The Russians arrived & out-chavved them. wink
ski holidays
@Richard_Sideways,

Nisetto Shocked
snow report
@Richard_Sideways, surely they are renaming it Laydees Alps? For proper laydees!
snow report
http://www.planetski.eu/news/7617
Good report on planet ski
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy