Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best school for beginner snowboarders in Tignes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, (whistles "The Great Escape"), Offspring has been sprung (from school) and I am looking at taking him to Tignes to learn to snowboard (with me - and I'm a skier!). Does anyone have any recommendations for schools for absolute beginners please?

Many TIA!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 23-01-16 18:00; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try Renelle at Fresh snowboarding, I started in the group lessons when she was an instructor at Alliance years ago and returned every year after that for private lessons until deciding to learn to ski 2 years ago (Still take both skis and board with me every year, cant decide).
I found her teaching outstanding.
I used Ultimate Snowsports for my ski lessons and equally good, but obviously no experience of their boarding instructors.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wife used ESF twice Japanese instructor Kenji Sakurai 5 years back ,he was extremely good based in Le Lac
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cool. (Interesting that you can't decide which to choose! )

Did any of you buy extra padding or do I just accept that it's going to hurt... Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Wobbler, I'd recommend wrist protection at the very least.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Accept that snowboarding results in pain I'm afraid. I do wear wrist guards but I think its more psychological than anything, and there is a logical argument for injury transmission with wrist protectors.
In the early days padded shorts will help minimise bruising from the inevitable bum checks, but you will most likely ditch them once your able to consistently link turns.
My personal take is that skiing is more relaxing, snowboarding is more fun but also I know I'm more likely to get a few knocks on the board.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In a group situation (I assume) like this then Alliance Snowboarding would be someone I would recommend. Renelle is good too. Of course if you are after privates then yours truly!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you looking?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
evolution 2 in tignes Le lac. i was in a group with guy named Richie.
I was a total newbie then, and trust me i wasn't an easy one.

He made it funny and enjoyable. the first few days can be very frustrating for a new boarder.

One thing i learned for sure, borders = expect to be on your back bottom at some point, regardless of how good you are.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not used them myself but Rebel Snowboard Alliance are based out of Tignes. You may be able to sort your and Jnr out with a joint lesson or similar. Drop them a line, see if they can accommodate. Plus, if you go and drop £15 on a Snowboard Club UK membership, you can get 5-10% discount on lessons.

The other person to try is SH Steve_Angus who instructs with TDC out of Val D'Isere, see his thread here... *Think* its not unknown for him to work out of Tignes, and TDC have an office there too, so a quick PM might be useful. Have had a lesson from him and would recommend.

As for ESF snowboard tuition... Well, perhaps SOMEWHERE there is a competant ESF instructor. They turned a novice mate of mine into an absolute basket case which we had to unpick to rebuild his confidence/technique after they were through with him. Personally, i'd avoid them.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the recommendation Richard_Sideways - indeed I was over in Tignes teaching boarding this pm!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Forum blindness, must've kicked in - completely missed your post Steve.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy