Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Diamond file

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is this any good or should I go for the toko version? Want to use it for smoothing off rough areas on my edges before hot waxing.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mini-DMT-Diamond-File-Coarse/dp/B00BT2F85K?tag=amz07b-21
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A diamond file is used for polishing and you'll quickly trash it if you use it for removing work hardened skiing burrs/rock dings etc. For this type of burr removal you should use an alu-oxide stone:
http://www.thepisteoffice.com/index.php/the-piste-office-store/edge-tools/deburring-diamond-files-stones/kunzmann-mini-alu-oxide-stone-detail.html
or
http://www.thepisteoffice.com/index.php/the-piste-office-store/edge-tools/deburring-diamond-files-stones/kunzmann-alu-oxide-stone-detail.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. Would this still apply for slightly rough areas, they aren't dings as such just a little rough in places. Also why does the toko YouTube waxing tutorial and other tutorials show the people using a diamond file down the edges before they get the iron out? They recommend using one of these.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Because they want you to buy more tools after you've trashed them! Read through the tutorials on the Piste Office site and it explains what tools to use for what jobs. And while the tools Jon sells are a bit more expensive than you'll find on Amazon or Ebay they are all professional tools that will last a lifetime if you don't abuse them.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'll second the moonflex files Jon sells. And yes, use a stone to remove burrs and dings, then the diamond files.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy