Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I went to Switzerland and it was cheap

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
telford_mike wrote:
Spike107 wrote:
Was thinking of around £500 equivalent in cash for the weeks around Lauterbrunnen/Wengen/Murren area... do you think this is about right? (got credit card as backup)

Based on a bite to eat on the piste each day with a beer or 2 and a few sharpeners before evening meal etc... 5 weeks and counting Toofy Grin

Assuming you're on half board that should be fine. But yeah, bring your credit card Very Happy

Yes half board as well Cool
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Years ago I went on day trips from other resorts to.....

St Moritz & Verbier

OMG! they were crazy expensive.

Especially on the mountain, where I remember a small bottle of diet coke was £8 and a stubby can of beer was £10.

Lucky we had taken sandwiches with us.

But more recently we skied down into Zermat from Cervinia and lunch wasn't too bad!

Ouch!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As I said, you can get caught out in Switzerland, especially at premier resorts and on the main pistes. Although I would have thought the same applied in Courcheval 1850 and certainly the same was true when I went to Vail. But as long as you're on the lookout then I think this can be avoided.

We still take a packed lunch with us, as you never know if you might get low on energy and simply need to eat ASAP. Sometimes, we'll still use the pique-nique rooms at the big stations if it's busy, and they often fine if all you want is to fuel-up and press-on.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have travelled to Switzerland several times a year over the last 15 years and this winter will be the first without going there, expect for driving maybe a day or two over the border. I truly love Switzerland and think that they have the best package to offer with fantastic mountains but less people on them. Being a Norwegian where our currency has plummit (and specially towards the CHF), the cost/reward just tipped in Switzerlands disfavor this year. I had a kebab in the Vallais valley during the summer and it cost double of what I would pay in Norway, and Norway is certainly not a cheap country.

I think Switzerland will have a terrible season this year and I feel with the people working in the industry. I always have said to skifriends that the extra cost you pay for a Swiss trip is more than rewarded, but I think that might not be the case these days. I saw a study where they had compared Ischgl and Verbier and the cost in Verbier was 40 % higher for two pretty similar places. And that is the case at moment, you just get so much more for your money in Austria and Italy and even France feels cheap compared to CH.

I truly hope that something will happen with the Swiss currency so that it will not become a long term problem for the great people who are dependent on visitors. I will surely be one of the first to return with only a small improvement..
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy