Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whitedot mounting opinions? (Ranger and Redeemer)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been lucky enough to get my hands on nice little Whitedot quiver, a carbonlite ranger and a standard redeemer.

The plan was to mount these up with quiver killers and swap a pair of epf f12 tours between them.

However....

Due to previous mounts i'm looking at +0.5 on the redeemer. Ideally i wanted to go +2 for a presumed bit more playfulness.

On the ranger i'm looking at +1 minimum maybe +1.5. Ideally i wanted to go on the line as i'm keen to avoid any tip dive potential.

I guess the question is whether or not i'm going to really notice any difference, i'm guessing not but i wasn't sure if either of these are super mount sensitive.

The above is based on what to me looks like the minimum comfortable distance (2.5mm edge to edge) between the old holes and the QK O/D. Anyone got any experience of going this tight? or tighter? I can't imagine the redeemers will be an issue but maybe the CL construction is a bit more sensitive?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Which length skis and how tall/heavy are you?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry, 190 Redeemer, 186 ranger

About 85-90kgs depending on how much kit i'm carrying. 187cm.

Thanks
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Redeemer is plenty playful enough mounted on the line. Unless perhaps you ski in some constant butter mode.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The FR line on the Redeemers is money & you won't notice any difference at +0.5cm.

The FR line on the Ranger is a bit rearward which is great when used as a predominately soft snow ski but seeing as you have the Redeemers for big days I'd recommend going +1.5 to +2cm.

You big issue is the hole spacing as you want more than 2.5mm separation. 10mm+ separation is really required on the trad ski and on the CL you can go a bit tighter but I'd still want at least 7mm.

And when plugging the old holes use epoxy to bond in the plugs & not PVA.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Perfect cheers,

We're talking 10mm edge to edge yes rather than c-c? I'll have a measure up and see what I can fit in.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep, edge to edge.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mmrm2, just a comment....I ski Ranger CLs and also used to ski the standard Redeemer (same sizes and weight/ height as yourself). you'll find the Redeemer a real heavy beast even in pow, I sold mine and bought the new Ragnarok CL a far superior and lighter ski. The Redeemer is a great fun ski but I'd really suggest you think and maybe swap for the Rag CL.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Markymark29,

Thanks i'll have a little look, i would have thought the rag would have have been even more of a handful with it's minimal tail rocker and stiffness?

Out of interest, where did it feel particularly heavy? tight tree's or just everywhere?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mmrm2 wrote:
@Markymark29, Thanks i'll have a little look, i would have thought the rag would have have been even more of a handful with it's minimal tail rocker and stiffness?......

That's the original 1st gen Rag you're thinking of - & you're dead right, it's a beast.

The 2nd gen has a lot more tail rocker & the flex was softened in the trad version & then softened even further on the CL version so that punters like me'n'Markymark can ski 'em Cool

There's only one pair of 15/16 Rag CL's left unsold & they're sitting in my shop wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@mmrm2, I skied the trad Redeemers for 2 seasons and they were awesome but very heavy generally, particularly in the trees and when dropping a few icy moguls at the end of a big powder run they are a real handful. Then things moved on with carbon and the new second generation Rag CL came out at@spyderjon, says they are so nimble, light and turn so easy. These and the Ranger CL are for me a perfect 2 ski quiver. I'd 100% recommend them. Don't get me wrong the trad Redeemer is a good ski but its been well surpassed by the Rag CL imo. Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hmmmmmm don't tempt me!

I'm planning on taking them to Japan for a week this season so i'll see how they get on and go from there. Any other opinions on mounting? 0ish is still the plan but reading @Markymark29, i'm wondering if they feel a bit more lively further forward. Anyone done it?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think I can chime in on this one, and the guys are 100% right, the FR line for the Redeemer is spot on but you could go +1cm easily. Some of our team ride them up to +6cm forward of the FR line but those guys are looking for a BC jib ski and are light guys as well. As for the Ranger's, the CL construction is no more sensitive than the Trad to mounting and I think you could go +1.5 easily....just out of interest what year is the Ranger (or R.108 as it is now)?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy