Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need help finding Lange heel/toe replacements

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

I have a pair of old Lange Vector 80 RRS Ski boots which are totally fine but need new toe / heel replacements. I cannot find anything anywhere? Anyone got any ideas?

I guess they're so old they're no longer made nor supplied Sad

Cheers

AL
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try these people - I got Tecnica parts from them. The heel doesn't look too worn - isn't it the upper part that is held by the binding anyway?

http://www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk/shop/ski-boot-spares/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i've seen some on ebay and also some on www.skibootparts.com
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@The_Mac_Daddy, yes, the heel looks like getting worn quite close to the shell. Compromises binding safety I believe. +1 for skiequipment.co.uk, I just bought a set for my Atomics and service was very good. £35 I think.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@The_Mac_Daddy, if for you, what do you weigh? 80 is a very soft flex...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@The_Mac_Daddy, @solutions4feet we carry all the lange spares for the UK trade, these ran out a good while back, you might get lucky and find a pair collecting dust in a workshop somewhere but it will be luck

the boot is now 15-16 years old at least, technology and comfort have moved on a bit in that time.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@CEM,
Hello CEM, do you still have any Lange heels available?
My daughters Exclusive 9 boots are very worn at the heel.
Thanks
Pete
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Pete Reed, as per answer above, if it is the same style as pictured then i am afraid they ran out a while back, if it is a different style best thing is to e mail me a picture (fittingatsolutions4feetdotcom ) and we can see what is available, we have all the current styles which go back a few years now

lange used the name "exclusive" for many boot models it was just their woman's models form each range
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've bought spares from Anything Technical before.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hells Bells wrote:
I've bought spares from Anything Technical before.

Me too - and frankly I'm pretty annoyed about it. I needed new liners for my old Salomon boots - which had suffered the attention of some mice. Anything Technical sold me some basic Salomon liners (so far so good) for £85 (ouch, but what did I know about liner prices?). After skiing in them for a week, in some pain, I went to see my new local ski shop, who were politely shocked that I'd been charged so much for a pair of liners which have a trade list price of £17.99... I've had them replaced now, with a Salomon custom fit liner for £20 less...

To be clear, they fitted and it's not the recommendation of those liners which annoys me, it's being ripped off quite so badly by a 'professional' outfit. No more business going their way from me. Happily, the internet makes it easier to get this sort of information out there, and stop this sort of practice.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Damion75, Sad. Can't comment as I was charged just a few quid for my replacement Tecnica heel and toe pieces.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Damion75, did they actually advise you? or did they just sell them to you...?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
under a new name wrote:
@Damion75, did they actually advise you? or did they just sell them to you...?

There was some, limited advice: we exchanged a couple of emails and I was told that given the age of my boots, this was a generic Salomon liner which was the only one guaranteed to fit. And it did - not ideal but it did fit.

My issue isn't with the advice: it's with being charged £85 for a £25 (retail) liner just because I didn't know any better. That's not the sort of behaviour that I expect from a niche sports shop. There is a happy ending - of sorts. I spent some time over the weekend having new custom-fit Salomon liners and footbeds fitted by a pro in a shop where I would happily spend a lot more time and money, so it's not going to happen again. And the new liners? £65. I'd name check the shop but I don't think this is the thread.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Damion75, with the greatest will in the world i would love to know what liner Salomon are supplying at a trade price of £17.99, for what it is worth your £17.99 + VAT is £21.59 + shipping (probably around £10), i wouldn't expect that a product of that trade price would retail at £85 as there was not fitting/customization etc but £25 retail is selling at a loss.... just looking the cheapest ones i can find in the salomon trade price list are about £48+ VAT and shipping

there is no real generic liner for any boot, the one that comes with the boot is designed to fit in the shell shape, others will come close but never be exact as each shell is different
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@CEM - Obviously I'm not going to argue with you about boot fitting, sales etc: it's what you do and it's not what I do - frankly, if I'd known a fraction of what I know now, just from surfing here, let along a tiny fraction of what you know, I'd have gone to a professional fitter last time rather than bought liners on the internet! The circa £25 estimate came from the owner of the shop where I just had customer liners moulded and fitted (with advice!) for £70.

Interestingly, I can't find images online anywhere of the 'cheap' liners that I was supplied. I'm trying to be fair to Anything Technical because they were clear (by email) that the liners were not specifically made for my ageing Salomon X-Wave 9.0s, but equally it seems very clear that the price I was charged was not reasonable - by a long chalk! Maybe I'll dig the liners out and post a photo for interest's sake?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy