Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Everybody hurts - or everybody is hurting - a tricky season...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@valais2, Some people will love your idea of doing intensive improvement on limited runs, but a great many will not. You seem to forget that for many people, probably the majority, there is very little desire to ski much better than they already do. Personally, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than spend the week in ski school / individual lessons / focusing on my technique. I want to spend the day bathed in sunshine hurtling down a snow covered mountain, barely in control, shouting "Wheeeeeeeeeeeee" and progressing from one restaurant/bar to the next.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
irie wrote:
skiing is not the only thing in the world.
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Most of us poor baby boomers don't have the luxury of work. What else should I do. rolling eyes
O.K. I'm not keen on cruises. I like trecking but it would be the southern hemisphere at this time of year and that would be inconvenient.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lechbob wrote:
irie wrote:
skiing is not the only thing in the world.
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Most of us poor baby boomers don't have the luxury of work. What else should I do. rolling eyes
O.K. I'm not keen on cruises. I like trecking but it would be the southern hemisphere at this time of year and that would be inconvenient.

I'm also a baby boomer and don't have the luxury of work. So I also ride off road type motorcycles in the mountains in Europe and kite surf all year round in the UK, and abroad in nice sunny hot windy places. Tough I know but someone has to do it. Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@irie, I'll pass on the kite surfing. As for the off road motorcycle & I do get envious watching Henry Cole on motorcycle adventures but feel more comfortable in an open top sports car. It is tough to get by with austerity. I don't feel sorry for the poor Swiss with their strong currency whilst my meager fixed income dwindles in value.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@foxtrotzulu, ....ah....so it was YOU was it.....outrageous hedonism ... And what do mean 'a great many will not (want to improve)'? Just don't understand the phrase....

Not want to improve? How very odd...I think I must live in a parallel universe, must try to think through what it must be like to ski and not want to improve...nope, just can't see it....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@valais2,
Quote:

Some people will love your idea of doing intensive improvement on limited runs, but a great many will not
Read it again. I think it does make sense. 'Some will love your idea ...... a great many will not [love your idea].

Is it odd that many people are happy with their skiing ability and aren't particularly interested in improving? I don't think so. Look around the mountain... What percentage of adult skiers are having lessons? Less than 5%. Probably less than 1%. Why? because they would rather spend the time skiing with friends, having fun etc. I'm not suggesting that if a Fairy Godmother appeared and offered to make me a better skier that I wouldn't accept, but how important is it to me? Not very. I'd far rather spend my time on the mountain having fun with friends.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy