Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sella Ronda Corvara Accommodation

Poster: A snowHead
Hello again, I'm after your wise knowledge and recommendations for :-

Sella Ronda Corvara Accommodation

I presume it would be hotels (not 5* prices), am I right in saying there's not a lot of chalet Accomodiation available? (It will be peak time).

Must be in short walking distance of lifts.

Thanks all in advance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

We stayed in the hotel Villa Eden last year, it was superb, three star I think but all Corvara hotels are superb quality it was more like a 4 star to me. Approx 200m from the lifts on either side of town, so easy walking and 300m from the town centre. You will get stunning accommodation wherever you go.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Colletts (www.colletts.co.uk) have a couple of chalets in Corvara. We stayed at the Chalet Angelo on a walking holiday with them this summer and it was lovely - like a small hotel really. It is very well placed for skiing with the nearest run less than a 100m along the road. Their other chalet, Verena, is also very nice. It is closer to the town centre, but only a short level walk to the nearest lift. I can highly recommend Colletts.

Wherever you stay, you cannot fail to have a great holiday in the stunning Dolomites.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks @FionaG , was your chalet catered ?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, both of Colletts chalets are catered. The food was very good, but as in all chalets, there was no choice (unless you have special dietary requirements). They also have a good (and cheap) bar.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
+1 for Colletts - used them a couple of times and will do again. Might even try Corvara instead of Badia next year snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hotels that would have the shortest walk to the lifts in Corvara will be:

Arkadia - straight across the road from the Boe/Borest lifts
Posta Zirm - Close to the Col Alto Gondola and not far from Boe/Borest lifts (though quite expensive)
Villa Tony - Short walk via a side street to the Boe/Borest lifts & not far from the Col Alto gondola
Marmolada - Close to Col Alto gondola & not too far from Boe/Borest gondolas

Villa Eden, La Plaza, Col Alto, Italia, La Tambra, L'Table hotels are (as already mentioned) several hundred metres from all the lifts. But there are bus stops near to all these hotels.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We are not long back from Corvara. Staying in the Col Alto. They ran a courtesy shuttle bus to and from the lifts. As did a few other hotels, as we saw their buses going around the loop. All very civilised.
If you want to know anything about the Col Alto, let me know.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have stayed in Arkadia. Probably the best location in Corvara, right on the slopes by lifts in either direction - as close to ski-in/out as it is possible to be in Corvara (literally, walk out of boot room, across the road, put skis on). Very nice hotel and good food. Would recommend.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all, will check out the websites.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Staying at Col Alto in half term , would like to know your thoughts on the hotel?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jimmybog wrote:
Hotels that would have the shortest walk to the lifts in Corvara will be:

Posta Zirm - Close to the Col Alto Gondola and not far from Boe/Borest lifts (though quite expensive)

I've not stayed at the Posta Zirm, but I have had one lunch in their restaurant and it was excellent! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
How about passolongo the pass between corvara and arabba Hotel lagascei, 4 chairlifts in three direction starts from the doorstep. Or 200 metres further: Hotel Monte Cherz. Apres-ski miles away...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Laguscei not lagascei
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Spyglass, the hotel is really two buildings on either side of the road, connected by an underground tunnel. The building that houses the reception, lounge and restaurant has more modern rooms than the other side, which houses the spa. Went with OH and step daughter, we were on the side with the spa, she was on the other side- in a single room with, iirc, no single supplement- so we got to see both. The more modern rooms are much fancier. But we got a bath.
The spa is really fantastic: pool with water jet, jacuzzi, waterbeds, different selection of several saunas and steam rooms, foot spa, and other bits and bobs. They also had a selection of treatments at a surcharge, but we never tried any.
The bar was reasonably priced with a very nice three sided glass log fire and a cigar room off it. There is another bar (the Ice Bar) connected to the hotel that was a little livelier but never that busy.
The breakfasts were decent choice, with an omelette & crepe station. Evening meals were in general good quality, a choice of three (fish, meat, veg) mains. Although squid did appear more often than any other hotel I've been to. One night the choice was 'grilled squid on squid' lol. And, as usual, lots of veal for the meat option during the week. Extensive wine list to suit many wallets.
Each room had their own locker in the ski-room and a shuttle bus took you to the lift of your choice in the morning, and collected you and took you back at the end of the day. Maybe a 10ish minute walk tops in ski boots otherwise.
Enjoyed our stay, and the Swedish ski team were there for the first few days of our stay for the races, so can't be a bad choice Very Happy

Enjoy your trip!
snow report
Thanks
ski holidays
Try looking at Alba and see if you can get something near the new lift. Not on the Ronda but one lift away. Quiet, beautiful place.
snow report
@Japie, Welcome to snowHeads!
latest report
Huge love from me for the Sporthotel Panorama. Above town, but ski out and a bus service on call... wonderful family run hotel with spectacular food and a great wellness centre. Hugely looking forward to returning the week after next.
snow report
You'd be welcome at our place, but you'd need a car or to use the ski bus which leaves from 3 minutes walk from the front door. It's self catered apartments and the fact that you fly into Venice means you'd save on flights so th car isn't unrealistic. Marmolada is 5 minutes up the road and from there you can get on the Sella Ronda, or on Giro della Grande Guerra, or you can do a tour over towards Alba, Pozza di Fassa and Vigo then back. In the other direction you can get to Civetta range in 10 minutes. www.casa-alfredino.co.uk.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy