Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sidas boot heaters - missing part

Poster: A snowHead
I recently bought boot heaters by Sidas (these kind http://www.sidassport.com/docs/45-7-pack-volcano-h-pu-312-png.png ) and it came with a power supply but not those four plug adaptor things (as pictured) so I can't actually charge them. I spent the afternoon going round hardware stores, electronic stores and a few ski shops in my town but didn't have any luck. Don't see anything on Sidas website. Anyone know what those things are called so I could buy online? Someone suggested Amazon but I don't know what to begin looking for, or how to identify what will be compatible with the power supply

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@moseyp, go back to whoever sold you them. My experience is that these are often pretty specific items...ou should at least have got one of them!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, thanks, that would have been my first call if the place wasn't in another country. I'll be back there in mid-February for a few days but at that stage they aren't much use to me. Looking for something in France or Switzerland in the next few days
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@moseyp, they are specific to the sidas charger, best option is a ski shop that sells the product might split a pack and sell them to you, but the next problem is they then have to try and get the part form sidas ....we have done this on a different item before, (sole pads on a boot, we just took them off a boot in stock to help a customer) 3 years on and i had a boot with no sole pads as they were not available which was stripped for spares and chucked in the skip

good luck getting it sorted
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@moseyp, where will you be. Any stockists of the kit should be able to help. You sure they were just lost in the unboxing frenzy?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks @CEM, I suspected that might be the case when nine stores in my town had nothing compatible. I tried an Intersport in Chamonix passing through yesterday who said she might be able to do just that, but I figured I'd pick one up easily and cheaply at home so I didn't bother. How wrong I was! Will try another Intersport or similar somewhere and hope I get lucky
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@under a new name, I'll be in several places between France and Switzerland over next few weeks so will just try every Intersport I guess. What a pain. And no, definitely not, unfortunately.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@moseyp, check the SIDAS site or talk to them directly to find out who stocks them. I wouldn't have thought Intersport was most likely to.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Also I think France more likely than CH.

And fitters who do the "Black" custom SIDAS boots.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have a spare charger for Sidas Pro set I could sell you. The charger is not identical to the one in your photo but the battery plugs look the same. Which batteries do you have? I am in Meribel if you are going to be anywhere near here.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@under a new name, I checked the Sidas site (nothing in accessories) and I emailed them but they haven't responded. I don't know if they feel it's the shop responsibility, but the shop don't think they were in the box. Intersport in Chamonix have them so I thought they all would? I don't know though, I don't usually go in there. What are the black custom things? I could ask Sidas for retailers where I'm going - that might be best

Can you PM me price @snowrider, ? I won't be near Meribel but could organise courier. Thanks
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@moseyp, maybe I'm not being clear.

They should, all 4 country adapters, have been given to you. It's part of the system. Neither SIDAS or anyone else, IMV are going to sell them to you.

However, if the shop is sure and ideally give you in writing that they weren't supplied to them, I'd call aSidas and ask them what they suggest. I.e. How do they easiest get them to you

Or find a retailer who stocks the kit and see what they say - i.e. If they'll help you out.

The shop who'se supplied the Oh's SIDAS systems has always been helpful, but we know them well, buy lots of kit and take them beer.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
TBH your shop should have noticed and unboxed another set for you.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Which batteries do you have? The Charger I have says it is only for Pro batteries. Do you have these batteries or are they the One or Nano? Hopefully you can tell from the pictures on the Sidas web site
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@under a new name, obviously they should have been but they weren't. Someone else returned a set to the shop in December because they were missing a component (not sure if it was the same issue) so maybe it was a batch. I guess I'll find out this week if a shop can supply them.
snow report
@snowrider, unfortunately they are One. Thank you anyway
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy