Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The dark side

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
They're not so bad really, are they?

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Apparently this is what it's all about

K
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great snow today

snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I skied from around 12 to 25'ish then boarded till 45ish then went back on skis, as it's so much better for touring.

Today I was out with a couple of mates who were boarding and they too were having fun, bearing in mind we all come from a wind/kite/surfing background.

Though they do tend to seize up when the viz goes.

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Started the day in Col de Mouches. Entry couloir (right of photo) looked super loaded so traversed out into the big bowl

Beautiful deep snow all the way down

Back up and over to Creblet. Traversed right over the ridge. Big slab had gone from above

Hooked up with a local guy and traversed into the mellow bowl

Snow always good here

My new Swiss buddy

The bottom half is classic meadow hopping

Looks like someone's opened up Col des Mines...

Massive cornice on the exit to the traverse

Lovely snow

Back up to Mouche and someone's put tracks in the entry couloir. Bad idea.... Fortunately they were dug out but super lucky as it was a massive slide!

Back up for a quick Vallon d'arbi as clouds coming in

And out via the forest route to La Tzoumaz

Great day in the mountains but that Mouche slide was pretty sobering!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@BobinCH, lovely pics. I ain't a Jedi. Fully signed up member to he dark side.

It's not for everyone but powder days certainly make for good fun
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Beautiful pictures, cheers.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Stunning, envy-inducing pics as usual!

I love watching good snowboarders ripping, they look like as graceful and agile as surfers Cool
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Great skills gentlemen although that Mouche pic did make me feel a bit sick. Keep them coming and stay safe snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nothing better for powder. Powder skis are just two snowboards, these days. Same tech, and by the looks of some powder skis, nearing the width! Looks like a great day!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great shots Bob. Nice to see you're not prejudiced. Your second shot indeed is what it's all about.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snowboarding looks awesome when its done properly like this, so often see them scraping about or paddling on the flats and that looks no fun at all Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Some of those images are in fact looking a little dark on my screen -- perhaps dial a bit more positive exposure compensation in? +2/3 or +1 usually works. If you look at the histograms you'll see what I mean. You can tweak them in Photoshop, but it's better to get it right in camera.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
philwig wrote:
Some of those images are in fact looking a little dark on my screen -- perhaps dial a bit more positive exposure compensation in? +2/3 or +1 usually works. If you look at the histograms you'll see what I mean. You can tweak them in Photoshop, but it's better to get it right in camera.

Thanks for the tip. Will try that
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Beautiful pictures, @BobinCH,
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy