Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gimp (erm, I mean neoprene skiing) masks

Poster: A snowHead
It's lunchtime and my thoughts turn to the weekend, I mean, my holiday in Sweden in a few weeks.

It may well be very cold and I will probably take a neoprene mask.

You can get half-facers that cover the mouth nose and ears, but not the skull and eyes, and full gimpers that cover the skull too.

Given that I will be wearing a helmet with goggles, a half-facer seems like the way to go, but if you have any experience with these things, please let me know.

Cheers

dobby
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a fabric Gore Windstopper one that fastens with Velcro at the back. Couldn't tell you where I got it. Useful on cold days, scrunches up in the pocket generally.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@dobby, like you, I ski with helmet and goggles and I tried the Aldi half face one and find that it has kept me much warmer.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For the full gimp, there is only one choice, the Cold Avenger, which is available in half and full gimp mode.

http://coldavenger.com/
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Traditional ninjaclava for the main head and dealing with helmet draughtiness. Half gimp for the nose and mouth which can then be rolled down when required e.g. for breathing or when actually skiing out of wind.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've tried a lot of neoprene masks, but really the best option is the airhole mask. If you have helmet and goggles you really don't need anything on your head, just to cover the bottom half of your face, and the airhole does that. I've tested mine to -35 and stayed warm, when seriously cold tuck the bottom of the mask under the helmet chin strap for proper coverage and a thick buff round your neck.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I used a thick neoprene half face mask in Lapland a few years ago at -35 without too many problems. Helmet and goggles with a buff underneath was enough for the rest of of my head. Fingers and toes were more of an issue
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
"Stop. Stop........ Just stop. You had me at Gimp. You had me at Gimp................"
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@arcsinice, we'll zip you back up when we're done wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was in Tignes once end of season and there was a fashion shoot going on (well at least I think it was). There was a bloke dressed in a shiny gimp suit with a chain around his neck. If he'd have fallen on his butt skiing in that suit he would never have been able to stop. Imagine a Gimp Guided missile heading towards you down the Double M? : oops:

#Gumph
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Guernseyfreerider wrote:
I was in Tignes once end of season and there was a fashion shoot going on (well at least I think it was). There was a bloke dressed in a shiny gimp suit with a chain around his neck. If he'd have fallen on his butt skiing in that suit he would never have been able to stop. Imagine a Gimp Guided missile heading towards you down the Double M? : oops:

#Gumph

I'll have you know I'm a v. good skier and I did not fall, thank you. As a matter of fact, once back at the lodge we all repaired to a cozy atelier and had a wonderful time........................
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
About 20 years ago me and my fairly innocent mate went to a nightclub in val d'isere. It seemed a fairly normal place until we walked through this door into another room full of people all dressed in shiny black leather and other dodgy gimp like outfits. Needless to say we left in a hurry but I still wonder if it was real or just a bad dream after too much wine in the chalet! Anyone know the place it might have been?!

Sorry for taking the thread even more off piste.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
japes1275 wrote:
About 20 years ago me and my fairly innocent mate went to a nightclub in val d'isere. It seemed a fairly normal place until we walked through this door into another room full of people all dressed in shiny black leather and other dodgy gimp like outfits. Needless to say we left in a hurry but I still wonder if it was real or just a bad dream after too much wine in the chalet! Anyone know the place it might have been?!

Sorry for taking the thread even more off piste.

Oh............. That was my cousin's place.................
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under armour do a great balaclava that has a sort of semi moveable mouth and nose piece that is designed to be worn on the face or under the chin.
link for the us website but i have purchased mine from the uk but cant remember where

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/all/accessories/headwear/hoods
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cheers, all. Gone for balaclava plus half-gimp combo.
snow conditions
I have one word for you Airhole.

I used mine on Sunday at Cairngorm. It was perfect.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy