Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts with a pay by use pass?

Poster: A snowHead
Note to self, remember the issue about value for money passes Shocked Laughing Currently in the Alps, Paradiski, wanting to do the occasional run but not at the prices aimed at full on skiers! Off to Val D Isere tomorrow at least I think they have a few free lifts.

Must explore some of the above possibilities for next year!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pila (Aosta, Italy) offers a number of lift pass options (far too many, IMV). Anyway, in one of them you buy a number of points and then spend them on lifts - a little lift is two points whilst a big chair is six. This would be expensive for doing laps but might suit you well:

http://www.pila.it/en/skipass/skipass-rates-pila/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
clarky999 wrote:
Silvretta MOntafon has an 'hour pass.' Costs €50, and you get a refund when you go back. So if you only ski for two hours, you get €22 or something back. If you do 5 hours, then you're cheaper buying a day pass.

Arlberg do the same, and also a points pass but it's only valid on certain beginner lifts (in Anton, the button lifts at the bottom and Fangbahn).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
CaravanSkier wrote:
Note to self, remember the issue about value for money passes Shocked Laughing Currently in the Alps, Paradiski, wanting to do the occasional run but not at the prices aimed at full on skiers! Off to Val D Isere tomorrow at least I think they have a few free lifts.

Must explore some of the above possibilities for next year!

The pass that admin organises for Livigno is on a 'points per lift' basis.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sella rhonda used to do a lift pass based on a number of runs.. each run had a number of points against it.. and you bought a number of points....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
My wife used the aforementioned Dolomiti "debit card" passes last season. She is a fair weather skier and does not like low vis or crud so often skis a half day. We spent 6 weeks in the Dolomites and over 25 days skiing she spent about €700 on passes, versus €825 for my season pass which I used for 45 days.

So, it's cost effective for less than about 3 hours leisurely skiing, above that buy a day pass. It is also a bit of a pain using up the last 20 odd points, there is a way of swiping the remaining old card and new card together but she often needed the lifties help.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Paradiski do a 'pay by use' pass. We decided to use this year rather than buying a pass, think you pay 20euros upfront and then 29euro's per day
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Many resorts on Hokkaido, northern Japan have hourly and points options
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CaravanSkier wrote:
Off to Val D Isere tomorrow at least I think they have a few free lifts.

Only on the nursery slopes.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
In Poland virtually all offer a points option, but most of the runs are fairly short!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SkiingBug wrote:
Paradiski do a 'pay by use' pass. We decided to use this year rather than buying a pass, think you pay 20euros upfront and then 29euro's per day

Really? How n earth do you find out about that? I have searched high and low through the lift pass options over a number of years and not found anything like that

It seems that the large French resort s these days do not want the custom of fair weather, couple of hours skiing here and there customers

I do appreciate all the information on here, thank you to everyone taking the time to reply.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SkiingBug wrote:

Really? How n earth do you find out about that? I have searched high and low through the lift pass options over a number of years and not found anything like that

It seems that the large French resort s these days do not want the custom of fair weather, couple of hours skiing here and there customers

I do appreciate all the information on here, thank you to everyone taking the time to reply.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Obertauern in Austria also does a points card
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think almost everywhere does a points pass. Certainly Les Saisies does. But big chairlifts take a lot of points! Excellent for beginners using short drags though.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin wrote:
Paradiski does it again by the day not lift snowHead

http://www.skialacarte.fr/en

It's more to set it up as that was a special offer but is still from €29 a day for la plagne

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 28-12-16 11:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Hemsedal in Norway does a 3-lift pass for not much money. It's not advertised online, only in the shops where the passes are sold. Probably a bit far from where the OP is to be useful though.
latest report
Also worth noting that this year's Samedijeski in Paradiski is now all online -no vouchers, you either need to already have a card from last year (or The TO if arriving /handed out early) to charge, or you can order to pick up at a kiosk.

Ready immediately, I did ours on leaving our Bsm hotel and walked straight onto the Funi.
snow report
Idcxty wrote:
Sella rhonda used to do a lift pass based on a number of runs....

Sounds good - I always wondered what the skiing was like in Wales...... wink
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
Idcxty wrote:
Sella rhonda used to do a lift pass based on a number of runs....

Sounds good - I always wondered what the skiing was like in Wales...... wink

Ha ha.

It's a great loop from Aberdare to the Maerdy to Treherbert to Hirwaun Wink
ski holidays
was in zillertal area last week (skied kaltenbach), you can get reduced daily lift passes depending on the time of day you start, so effectively you could get the gondola up at lunchtime and do a few runs whilst having a drink/lunch on the sun terrace if you want.

Not 100% sure but I think the maximum discount was about 15-20 euros on a 50 euro day pass.
snow report
I`ve been re-reading this thread today whilst thinking about next years Alpine Ski Trip! I have found the prices for the Flaine payg but it seems to only cover a few lifts and France in general seems to have forgotten this concept. Pam thank you for the tip on Les Saisies, does it work on all lifts?

@terrygasson, Typically I would like to do one or two short runs in the morning, then another one in the afternoon after a long break and if my body is up to it! Or the other way around. Half day passes or 4 hour passes are useless in that respect, and indeed encourage the very opposite of small metered out doses lol ! Whilst we do love many of the smaller, cheaper resorts (our sons as very little ones learnt to ski at places like La Faucille in the Jura) most of my family (sons now all adults) cover a huge amount of terrain very quickly these days and want the offerings of larger resorts.

Roll on full implementation of the no smoking rule in Austria

rolling eyes Very Happy
latest report
Quote:

Pam thank you for the tip on Les Saisies, does it work on all lifts?

Yes. But the tarif for the big chairlifts is quite steep - 7 or 8 points. But if you just wanted to do a couple of runs in the day, it would work fine. I think the resort website has a complete list of the tarifs, and points pass costs.
snow conditions
mgrolf wrote:
Hemsedal in Norway does a 3-lift pass for not much money. It's not advertised online, only in the shops where the passes are sold. Probably a bit far from where the OP is to be useful though.

Any idea if Trysil has the same?
ski holidays
CaravanSkier wrote:
As I am currently in the Alps and paying a small fortune for lift passes,

Courchevel used to (and maybe still does) let you take a single ride to the top of the resort to ski down. I did it once a long time ago when we arrived and the whole area was bathed in thick cloud from top to bottom. The reason Courchevel did that is the lift system was originally funded by the local public transport system so they were obliged to provide a single ride lift pass (like a bus).

I can't find it online now but maybe at the LP office.
snow report
@davidof, It was not in evidence when we were in Couchevel over the New Year a couple of years back, but then maybe you have to know about it and ask for it!

Thanks again @pam w,
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy