Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Critcise my sking please

Poster: A snowHead
Any pointers tips please guys?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vr5fammwm521z8/2016-01-14%2010.54.33.mp4?dl=0

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OK, I'm no expert and no doubt someone far more experienced will come along to help further but:

How long have you been skiing?

Basically it all looks ok. Try to link your turns so there's no dead spots in between the turns. keep you hands out in front and it looks as though you're a little in the back seat. Your weight should evenly spread on your foot, so your toes shouldn't be grabbing at the boot or you shouldn't feel any weight on the heels, if that makes sense. roll your ankles more to get a better edge and keep your shins up against the front of the boots.

Probably nothing you didn't know already.

but most of all enjoy it snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Also no expert but you seem to be turning your shoulders into the turn. Try keeping your upper body facing more down the slope as you turn.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great thanks guys, im'taking it all in.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Backseat.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You probably want to work on your turns, as you seem to skid turn a little which is fine when you are on powdery snow but if you hit an icy steep section you will land on your backside.

Try learning to carve turns by leaning on your edge, and letting the ski take you around. Sharpen the edges of your skis when it is icy!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
More energy! Lean forwards, arms infront, bend ze knees....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
earlier weight transfer to the outside turning ski.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
More energy.
More forwards.
More leg.
More swing.
Less shoulder.
Stand in a T shape. Like a skyliner.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Your skiing sucks!!!! Is that the kind of thing you were after ? Very Happy

I'm not a good skier but would say your hands need to be a bit further forward and get the rest of your weight forward a bit too. Do you suffer from leg burn a lot?

You may have already come across them but I've found these videos good, often because he demonstrates the wrong way to do it (and I recognise it from my own skiing) https://www.youtube.com/user/elatemedia/videos
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the tips

Yes mega leg burn, upper ski wobbles around,
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

http://youtube.com/v/UGn62uxnhjg

Try this lesson, it seems to be what you need to improve.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dude, get some lessons, will be more fun
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You seem to have a little stem in your turns.
Try to initate a turn with your new inside ski in order to eliminate that.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Whitegold wrote:
More energy.
More forwards.
More leg.
More swing.
Less shoulder.

What is a skyliner? When I google it all I get are images of coaches, trains and mopeds. Which of these should Glisser stand like?
snow conditions
@glisser, I think the advice above sounds about right. Move your hands further forward six inches at all times. Can you feel the front of the boot against your shin? That will get your weight forward and may help with the problem wher it looks as if you are turning the skis using your hips. They should be turning themselves more.

Caveat: I don't have much if a clue what I'm talking about.
latest report
crypto wrote:
dude, get some lessons, will be more fun
+1 it looks like you're totally disinterested and half asleep to be honest!

It's all been said above but a few hours with a private teacher would do you wonders. Try and get some dynamism into your skiing and ski like you mean it!
snow report
"I'm no expert but..."

Why not get some lessons from somebody who actually is an expert rather than most of us here?!
latest report
rungsp wrote:
"I'm no expert but..."

Why not get some lessons from somebody who actually is an expert rather than most of us here?!

Where's the fun in that?
snow report
glisser wrote:
Any pointers tips please guys?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vr5fammwm521z8/2016-01-14%2010.54.33.mp4?dl=0

Thanks

Undynamic.
snow conditions
It's all good news from me. You can ski and there are plenty of things you can do to improve.

+1 for getting some lessons. I'd say you're at the stage where you could make big gains with a little proper instruction and I'm pretty sure most decent instructors would love to put in some work with you now while your skiing is still developing.
latest report
Thanks guys appreciate the
help
snow conditions
Quite a lot to address there, so I echo the comment about lessons with a good instructor. It is very difficult to do things online, even with video footage.

For me the priority would be to address your turn shape, and linked to this is the movements you do or don't do at the start of each turn. At the moment the track you leave down the slope is quite zig-zaggy rather than smooth round, linked turns. At the start of each turn you make a quick sideways flick of the ski to suddenly change direction, then mostly head across the slope in a relatively straight line before flicking the skis in the opposite direction to start the next change in direction. You need to make more smooth turns, and get the skis to grip the snow a bit more effectively from early on in the turn.
snow report
foxtrotzulu wrote:
Whitegold wrote:
More energy.
More forwards.
More leg.
More swing.
Less shoulder.

What is a skyliner? When I google it all I get are images of coaches, trains and mopeds. Which of these should Glisser stand like?

Exaggerated balancing for noobs...

latest report
rob@rar wrote:
At the moment the track you leave down the slope is quite zig-zaggy rather than smooth round, linked turns. At the start of each turn you make a quick sideways flick of the ski to suddenly change direction, then mostly head across the slope in a relatively straight line before flicking the skis in the opposite direction to start the next change in direction.

That all sounds rather familiar, Rob.
Thankfully, I had some "....lessons with a good instructor" Toofy Grin

@Glisser, have a look at http://www.insideoutskiing.com/
snow conditions
@Red Leon, Laughing
ski holidays
snowglider wrote:
You seem to have a little stem in your turns.
Try to initate a turn with your new inside ski in order to eliminate that.

ooooo that's what I need to do!!

*lightbulb*

Thank you Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy