Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bareges Tips?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Bareges for a few nights next week and wondering where to eat and drink, whether to hire skis in Bareges or la Mongie and if anyone has some tips on where to eat on the mountain. Hopefully the forecast snow will mean they'll be opening up more runs - its looking a little limited right now.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@michael stocking, pm in garbure we trust. ..A snowhead with a hotel there
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@holidayloverxx, great, thanks.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In case it is useful to anyone else in the area this is what I would suggest:

I would hire skis from Sport2000 in Bareges, say you are staying with us at Mountainbug, chalet les Cailloux, and they will apply our discount for you snowHead , you will need to do this in person at the shop though and not through the website (as they pay a commission to the national site for sport 2000 and ski set, which is what they would be taking off the price for you).

To eat I like the Laquette above Bareges for a good level of self service style food and great lounging/bar potential (also great prices), then the Etape du Berger up near the Col du Tourmalet (top of the 4 man Bearnais chair), order roast lamb for the next day for the real deal (all home raised/cooked). Louisettes is also great, just passed La Laquette restaurant down towards the forest runs where they do the dog sledging, it is a very pretty spot and traditional auberge with all the local specialities (not to be missed). In La Mongie opposite the lift pass office is an arc of about 10 restaurants, none are bad and they compete on prices, my current favourite is " La Schuss". I wouldn't bother eating at the Pic du Midi as it is not worth the extra spend, but definately get up there for a drink and a look at the view even if you are not up for jumping off it (which is awesome if you like that sort of thing).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
25+++++ for the etape du berger - super - best place I have been to for years - like the ferme du pistes used to be in PdeS before it became uber expensive.

Lovely area - and a few nights are just about right to explore the area.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What's the name of the place in the woods that opens of a evening had great food there and is Andre still the mayor of the town I seem to remember he had a few shops in the town,lovely place.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy