Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buddies needed bargain week Les Deux Alpes 5th March

Poster: A snowHead
Keep looking at the snow report and hoping.

Smile

Never got 2 weeks in before, and can't afford it. I'm hoping things pick up this year - so being optimistic, and going in advance.
Neither are too expensive though - the other is only about £40 more than this (Chalet for 10, with 9 going). You could spend as much on one week as I've spent on two.

Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

http://youtube.com/v/iI68OJi7L_s

Lets hope the ski lifts aren't like that
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Be good for the diet. Soon get rid of my breakfast.

Wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Up to SNP voter land tomorrow.

Come on England.

Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Going to Glencoe for a warmup also?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
BTW we could try this:

http://9gag.com/gag/aMGYyDR

hahahaha
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hopefully we don't need that to get some good pics.

Wink

Going up to watch England v Scotland. Having a bit of tour though. Fly up, then drive to Fort William via Loch Lomond. Distillery visit, maybe a trip up a cable car(it's not Ben Nevis, but near).

Back to Stirling, visit site of Battle of Banockburn.

Next morning visit Stirling Castle, and battlefield site(the one in the Scottish National Anthem - where they sent Proud Edwards Army home again, to think again). Park at hotel, get to ground to watch all hopefully, of Wales v Ireland before our game.

Argentine Steak House after. Sightseeing Edinburgh Sunday. Visit a Brewery Monday, before flying home.

Should be fun, and a few more days ticked off for skiing.

Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wow, do you even work between your jaunts and ski trips?! hahahaha

Sounds like a cracking couple of days, enjoy!! Smile Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
At the minute, no I'm not working. I'll explain all when we get together.

Got a kitchen business, that is not doing as well as I'd like, and it's hard work fitting them.

http://www.victorykitchens.co.uk/

Keeping that going(though stopped most advertising for now), but starting a new business this year, which I much more like the idea of. Website partially built. Got an 11meter by 6 meter play area, and play house to do when I get back, and another slightly smaller after that. Got a kitchen to do for a mate in March as well.

www.atenleisure.co.uk

Just getting all my tax etc up to date, ready to begin the garden project.

Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hey guys. I know not the week you are looking for but thought i'd send..

I have two spaces in a twin room in Catered Chalet in La Plagne in France available from 6th – 13th Feb still available.

Chalet is Ski in/ski out, has an outdoor hot tub and it’s been renovated for this season, pics on the Mountain Heaven website. Private transfers and full chalet board included.

Flights to be booked separately.

We paid £700pp but reducing to £500 or best offer (bargain!)

Please message to discuss.

http://www.mountainheaven.co.uk/resorts/france/la-plagne-1800/catered/chalet-perle
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Lily Hawkins,

Cheers Lily. Were all booked paid and sorted for a week in L2A on 5th March.

Good luck finding people.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scottish trip sounds fabulous as well, must be really hard work at present...just kidding, enjoy it whilst you have the opportunity.

You'll have a blast Steve, we've only ever managed it once to have 2 ski holidays in one season, but that was the whole family = megga expensive!

Interested to hear what's going on with the kitchen business, guess we'll have plenty of time to talk about this & other stuff.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@SteveBrown, thanks - have a great time!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lily Hawkins wrote:
Hey guys. I know not the week you are looking for but thought i'd send..

I have two spaces in a twin room in Catered Chalet in La Plagne in France available from 6th – 13th Feb still available.

Chalet is Ski in/ski out, has an outdoor hot tub and it’s been renovated for this season, pics on the Mountain Heaven website. Private transfers and full chalet board included.

Flights to be booked separately.

We paid £700pp but reducing to £500 or best offer (bargain!)

Please message to discuss.

http://www.mountainheaven.co.uk/resorts/france/la-plagne-1800/catered/chalet-perle

thanks Lly I did see your post on another thread, chalet looks amazing also but as Steve has said we are all sorted [this year anyway!] good luck & I hope you find someone to take up your offer
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@michaelbury17, thanks Michael have a great time
ski holidays
http://www.2alpesnet.com/events/calendar/snowzone

Entertainment whilst we're in town..
latest report
Snowing again roll on 2 1/2 more weeks of falls then sunshine - just need to get fit Very Happy
latest report
6 days to go Toofy Grin

Got my ski gear out this afternoon - can't believe it, just goes to show what an awesome forum this is, well done Steve for having the initiative to post originally.

Would thoroughly recommend others to follow Steve's lead, it works!
snow report
So glad I did Michael.

Washed my ski Jacket and Pants earlier - even though most advised against. I did it last year, and they were waterproof this year. Jacket had been sicked on by a 1 year old anyway.

Soon be time to get organised. Print stuff off etc. Looked at a few webcams of L2A, now I'm really looking forward to it. Looks great to me. Weather looks about the same as Morzine - lot of snowy days. Hope there's not much white out though, and conditions good enough for La Grave, cos that seems essential.

Smile
snow report
Big dumps due end of this week. LG link open Happy
snow conditions
Shoulder is seriously screwed and I should cancel my spot..... Dr said I can't/shouldn't go.... Sad

So, I'll see you guys soon regardless!! hahaha I won't be doing more than blues as it stands though, which I am somewhat annoyed with. I'll be packing tomorrow so I'm set for Friday. I may have to skip La Grave which is annoying me to my core, I'll know within the first hour of skiing if I have to skip that one. I'm hoping my physio this week will help, but will be a fantastic trip all the same.

Steve - I'll need your address for friday night Smile
snow report
You're all way to organised - not got my stuff out yet

Looking forward to seeing you all soon
ski holidays
Claude, what are the prices like at Jacques Sports? I'm wondering if part of my skiing issues are boots that may be a wee bit too big for me. Budget is always an issue so not sure whether to wait for the sales to start soon for a half price bargain, or buy from glisshop or similar. Usually in resort places are full price and that's sadly not in my budget Sad
snow conditions
@RobPowell, Prices in resort tend to be high until right at the end of thé season. Cédric is à top notch boot fitter though.
snow report
Good news on the snow and La Grave link Claude. Will you fancy joining us if conditions are OK? Also, is there anything you miss from the UK you'd like us to bring? We took some Lancashire cheese over for the Morzine Taxi lady last week.

Smile

Well done Rob, what do Doctors know huh? Hope your shoulder continues to improve this week. Address is:

15 Cedar Close
Ashby de la Zouch
Leicestershire
LE65 1SQ

See you all in 5 days.

Very Happy
snow conditions
@SteveBrown, Thanks for the offer, friend (also Steve Brown) arriving Sunday with stuff for me

Will see on LG
snow report
No probs Claude. Another Steve Brown - how common we are.

Smile
snow conditions
Just tried to do online check in Rob. To check in online, you have to select seats and pay for them(either £6 or £4.50 each way).

Sod, em. I'm not fussed where I sit; check in is free at the airport, so I'll do that. We should be able to get seats together.

Michael & Phil. Just a reminder. Our first room is at Hotel le Chalet, 3 rue de L'Oisans.

That's all paperwork printed off ready - just some more €s to get.

Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Steve, I looked last week @ check in for Monarch & laughed out loud when I saw that they have the audacity to make a charge [next they'll have us loading the damn planes & pushing them off the stand! Twisted Evil ].

If my memory hasn't completely left me I think you can check in on-line 24 hrs prior to departure for free, if not I will just queue up like everyone else, not that bothered if I don't sit next to Phil - no offence PR Laughing

Good shout to remind us where we are staying, will make a note of it.

How many sleeps to go?
latest report
Just 5 Sleeps to go Michael.

Smile

If we're organised, and done our shopping maid duties, we might come and meet you.

Not sure about the 24 hour thing, but I don't think I'll bother - I'll have to check in at airport on way back anyway.

Forecast is for tons of snow so far. Looks a bit like Morzine did. Fingers crossed for a bit of sun.

Smile
snow report
Just looked at forecast they're expecting big dump Wednesday so just need sunshine next week. Just on the domestics does the apartment include bed linen and towel? Shocked
ski holidays
Yeah, sunshine seems to be the problem more than snow. Rain was the problem in Morzine - pouring down for 3 days, until you got higher up.

Checked, and yes it says linen included. We have most stuff it looks like, so if we do want to eat in a time or two we can.

Can't remember what time you thought you'd arrive in '3 days' Rob? I'll book a table, just in case. It does get busy there.

Smile
snow conditions
Sun tan lotion packed...

My view is it's called 'Le Chalet Hotel' & as such linen & towels should be included, couldn't see anything to confirm this though, but why would they confirm that they are supplied.

Our experience has been that we had to supply these when renting an apartment. wink

4 sleeps Toofy Grin
snow report
We had to pay €18 for linen in our Morzine Chalet.

Definitely included in our L2A one though - as I'd expect, for a whopping £123 for 7 nights.

Smile
snow conditions
Steve, I'll leave Andover at 4:30, so whatever the travel time is for horrid friday night commuter travel allows!! Very Happy

Technically 2 days now it's gone midnight, whoop!
latest report
I'll book for 7:30 then Rob. Won't matter if we're a bit early, or a bit late.

2 days to go now - don't forget them lift passes.

Wink

I could get up and cook us some breakfast - we need to leave here by 5am, or we could get a Burger King at the airport. There's one next to the bar when you've passed through Security. Love an XL Bacon Double Cheese - or two. Smile
ski holidays
The lift passes are like gold dust, and I've printed the receipts and stuff in case there's an issue. They're more important than my passport to be honest!

No need to cook breakfast, I am sure BK will be more than sufficient to wake us up Wink
ski holidays
Cool.

I'll put some coffee on as soon as I get up though. I think I have some PG Tips somewhere if you prefer, but it's probably quite old

Smile
snow report
Blasphemy...... if it's filter coffee (I'm still bringing you some - must pack it!) then that's more than awesome!
ski holidays
Be Taylors Rich Italian, in a Cafetiere Rob. I'm taking 2 packs for us when we're there.

Smile

Took 2 to Morzine, and used the last on the morning we left. Between 4, maybe don't need 2, but will take in case.

Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy