Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buddies needed bargain week Les Deux Alpes 5th March

Poster: A snowHead
Nice one Rob.

Hoped you might find space for some, seeing as you've got a fair bit of luggage.

Could buy some coffee there, but be lucky to pick a real nice one.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've had the bill come through for the apartment.

That was €651 including city tax, and has worked out to £516.42(£129.11 each).

No sign of my debit card payment for hotel yet.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great value, just let me know when you want payment.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Once I get debited for the Saturday night hotel, and Rob gets the price for Lift passes - I can work out what we all owe each other.

Can do two ways:

You will all owe me, as I've paid for Parking and Transfer for Rob. Michael and Phil will owe myself & Rob.

Michael & Phil will have to do a transfer to us both. You could send accommodation money to Rob with lift pass money, then Rob does a transfer to me. That way you will each have to do just one transfer.

Up to you?

Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Phil has resurfaced! after an exciting evening of watching blackpool fc drawing 0-0 I have just about caught up and yes very happy to do la grave at tourist pace In terms of money happy to go with whatever is easiest - will transfer money to respective accts if you pm me acct details and what you want
Bit worried (not) with choice of beverage as to go with my ludite non smartphone using behaviour I drink PG tips
Welcome on board Rob
Phil
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well Surfaced Phil.

Certainly looking like La Grave is on, and couldn't be happier about that.

Sounds like I don't need to take much coffee after all.

Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh I drink coffee, bit weird really tea seems to be the first drink of the day then coffee uptil lunch, water in the afternoon - well thats what I do at the office Puzzled

Did say weird, will substitute the water for beer!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'll take two packs then, as long as Rob can fit them in his luggage. Should be plenty.

Many many days have passed, where I drink nothing but coffee or beer. Hardly healthy I suppose, but I don't seem any the worse for wear. I'm trying to lose some weight before I go, so off the beer weekdays at the moment, and down the gym a fair bit - so lots of water now. Seems to be working though, I've never lost so much so quick. Shan't get to the 80kg goal, but hoping for below 85kg.

One strange thing that I love on a ski holiday, but never fancy any other time is Hot Chocolate with Rum in it.

Been debited now for the Saturday night hotel, so nothing at all to get but food, beer, La Grave extension, and helicopter ride.

Wink

£161.96 it's appeared as.

Total for 8 nights accommodation then is £678.38, or £169.60 each.

Once Rob has been debited for Lift Passes, I'll do calculation.

Smile

Just seen the bank charged me this too: 27 Jan DR Non-Sterling Transaction Fee 4.45

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 28-01-16 8:17; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can't wait for La Grave:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35423804

Wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
yes I saw this yesterday...inspiring!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I once went all but a few yards down a Black Run on my back.

It was the last day, and they(mates I was skiing with) wanted to call it Black Friday - and ski every Black in resort(Soldeu/Pas de la Casa).

Not my idea. I don't mind Blacks, but find Reds more fun - we all skied them faster and better than Blacks.

Anyway, there I was top of this Black on the last day - having not had one fall all week. First one on the run, thought I'd try and ski it nicely, and bang - over on some ice right near the top.

Nothing I could do, just spinning around and heading down at a fair pace. My imagination ran a bit wild; I kept thinking I was veering towards the trees on the left - and any second, I was about to lose my head.

Luckily that didn't happen, and eventually I got to the bottom where it met a blue. There was quite a crowd there that had watched me coming down.

I'll try and avoid doing that again.

Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hey All,

Would you consider letting a 37 years old boarder in to you group ?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@gnave,

Sorry gnave. We would have, but there is no more room.

We have 5 beds in apartment, but one is a double - so only 4 really, and one of them is sofa I think. We only have 4 beds in hotel for Saturday night.

Sure we wouldn't mind you joining us on the slopes, but we can't help with accommodation I'm afraid.

Good luck.

Steve.

ps. There are plenty of cheap apartments there, if you look on booking.com. Try starting a thread, and see if you can get a few to join you. Some apartments are twin/triple - but seem to be nearly same price as quadruple. Still a bargain though.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@gnave,

bear in mind Steve posted this 13/01/16 & we now have a trip organised, booked, paid for & Rob has our lift passes - just goes to show the POWER of the FORUM snowHead

As above good luck & yes if you get to resort would be more than happy to have you aboard.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SteveBrown wrote:
I once went all but a few yards down a Black Run on my back.

It was the last day, and they(mates I was skiing with) wanted to call it Black Friday - and ski every Black in resort(Soldeu/Pas de la Casa).

Not my idea. I don't mind Blacks, but find Reds more fun - we all skied them faster and better than Blacks.

Anyway, there I was top of this Black on the last day - having not had one fall all week. First one on the run, thought I'd try and ski it nicely, and bang - over on some ice right near the top.

Nothing I could do, just spinning around and heading down at a fair pace. My imagination ran a bit wild; I kept thinking I was veering towards the trees on the left - and any second, I was about to lose my head.

Luckily that didn't happen, and eventually I got to the bottom where it met a blue. There was quite a crowd there that had watched me coming down.

I'll try and avoid doing that again.

Good idea, we aren't looking for any heroics, personally I prefer to cruise the Reds, I think Blacks sometimes are like having a vindaloo curry - to prove something. I Like to taste my food & enjoy my ski-ing!

Smile
Toofy Grin
snow report
A Black a day is the well balanced way - that's my Mantra.

Wink

Like to test myself every now and then. See if I'll ski it nicely, or resort to just getting down mode.

Smile

ps. I love Vindaloo. Wink
snow report
I've never done a black run, I've always enjoyed reds as I am a cruiser rather than a risk taker. I could do some blacks I guess but it'd be more for a challenge than enjoying it. Still, La Grave seems so far out of my comfort zone that I'm really looking forward to it!

Vindaloo? Damn, I hope we have more than one bathroom!! Toofy Grin

Gnave, same as the others, always room for one more on the slope Smile

Everything fell into place (well, actually a massive thanks to Steve who pretty much has done all the leg work for which I'm eternally greatful), and now sadly I am impatient and want to go!
ski holidays
We once had a lesson [last but one day of the holiday, seems daft now, should have done day 2] whereby this very old French instructor [who was as you'd expect was bl***y brilliant] took us down red/blacks & actually told me how to ski them i.e: lean down the hill - whilst it goes against all logic it did work!

He also said "speed is your friend".

All I have to do then is remember the above, keep my nerve & it'll be a walk in the park so to speak! Shock

Rob, don"t worry we'll look after you - honest Twisted Evil

Yeah, Steve may have a lot to answer for... wink
ski holidays
No probs guys, I enjoy organising trips. Done loads before, skiing, trips to see motorbike races, 27 went on Scottish Coast to Coast mountain bike trip Riders/support & girlfriends. This one has been a doddle.

Smile

There'll often be 2 ways down a slope, that meet up again at the bottom. If I fancy the Black way down now and again, be no problem to do that. Shouldn't do what you don't feel up to.

Rob. There is a brilliant Indian near by - Gandhis in Castle Donington. Could go if you fancy it Friday night?

Smile
snow report
Yup, that's where I struggled trying to learn moguls the first time, you need a bit of speed and balls, and certainly lean forward as it's nearly impossible to fall over that way. Famous last words!

Michael, you're so reassuring, remind me not to trust any of you when you say "uhh, we'll be here and take a video of you skiing this bit" as you giggle like a schoolgirl waiting for the impending crash! hahaha

Steve, Indian sounds fantastic. Good food and a few jars, always a great plan. I may take a half day off on the friday otherwise I won't be with you til really late as Hampshire is quite a drive away.
snow conditions
Moguls are bloody difficult, and a different technique to piste skiing. One of the most enjoyable things to watch though, when good skiers do it.

This is going to be such fun.

Up to you on the Friday Rob. Be no problem if you don't even get here till about 9. Indian is only 10 mins away anyway. Gandhi himself if a bit of a nutcase - but the food is awesome. His Hot Meat Puri is the nicest thing I've ever eaten(and I love my Mums dinners). Sometimes go over and fetch 4 of those starters - 2 for tea, and 2 for Breakfast Smile
latest report
Nice one. If I leave at 4:30, if the traffic isn't brutal then I should be there by 8:30 so all is well. That food sounds like it must be tried (says he who had salt and chilli ribs for breakfast).

I've booked a 3 hour lift pass in Hemel, gotta just pound the snow to break up the monotony of cycling!! Very Happy 6:30, see you soon Hemel!
snow report
Spot on for Friday, and enjoy your skiing.

We have Snowdome near by, but not much fun for me to be honest - I need them Blacks! Wink

I'd eat that for breakfast. I'm on bacon mushroom and pea omelette each day - 370cals. Diet buster today though 6 packs of Smokey Bacon.

Smile
snow conditions
Didn't know there was and good way of skiing moguls - I just thought the "experts" who did it had springs rather than legs so could keep a stable body with shoulders down the hill with no input whatsoever !!! Me - I tend to go with the sack of spuds approach when faced with big moguls Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Aye - totally different technique. Lift legs to initiate turn on moguls - extend on piste.

Learned it somewhere, can't do it.

Smile
snow report
Steve, don't believe him, he's sand bagging you Toofy Grin
ski holidays
impressed Rob that you are getting your ski legs in, however we will all be in awe of Steve after his trip in 3 weeks time, he will be the expert!
ski holidays
Sneaky Decepticon Phil - sandbagging me like that!

Wink

Anyway. I can't do this:

http://youtube.com/v/OkXrN2_hI68
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This is getting interesting!

Great video Steve, especially the last clip, that will be me trying to keep up with you guys Laughing

When we actually get on the hill I think we'll all sandbag each other - stalking...to see who drops first! snowHead
snow report
I expect to be skiing well, and not dropping all week Michael.

Wink
latest report
I've lost 20lbs since Jan 1st and sadly it's muscle as well as fat that I've lost so the snow dome was sadly an eye opener that I need to up my game to get my ski legs back properly. All aboard the heartbreak express Laughing

I don't mind being the token first drop NehNeh Just as long as at the end of the day the beer is cold and the food is hot, then we can review the day's high and low points.

Michael, fear not. They can disappear on the blacks and I'm happy to cruise on the reds with you. Medicine can't be far away in the form of a lunchtime pint either, that always helps with any aches and bruises, not sure it works with fractures or breaks so we'll have to avoid that highlight!

Now I just need to woo Vicky on another thread to go away for a sneaky half week warm up Very Happy (that didn't mean to sound as terrible as it probably reads! Sorry Vicky, if you read that!!)
ski holidays
Ah mention of lunchtime lubrication that's better Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Definitely be up for a lunchtime beer or two, and maybe a burger.

Cool
latest report
My body is a temple. Sadly it was overthrown by a bunch of hooligans so indeed it will need hop based beverages and a grilled meat-based sandwich to be consumed to appease the snow gods. Also maybe with a dissected potato based side that has been punished in a boiling fluid til it is golden brown.

Keep me away from the jagerbombs....
latest report
Sounds like a perfect lunch to me.

I'll be doing my best to strike a happy balance between drinking and feeling fit to ski in the morning. It's always very difficult though.

For some reason, I have a massive love of hot chocolate and rum when I'm skiing - but never any other time.

Smile
ski holidays
Steve, I have no doubt you will rip it up & we will follow your tracks.

Always good to have a contingency plan though Rob, especially one which involves beer & food!

Sounds like my kind of day on the slope, food, beer,ski - repeat...

Definitely not interested in the jagerbombs though - for the life of me I have concept on why the kids like this s*%t, tastes lake bad medicine to me, but I am an old man now!
ski holidays
Hi. Caching up again. In resort now. Warm and wet here now. Rain lower down but snow at top
My philosophy on drinking on skiing holidays.: Enhance the day you have had and not ruin the day to come! We are of an age to know that (assuming nobody less than our age is reading this ) Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Eep, warm and wet in this context is not a good thing!!

That's a great philosophy and hydration is the key. Still, a few pints here and there can't hurt!

I'm the baby of the group at 38 and that says it all Laughing
latest report
We're keeping our eye on Morzine. Less than 3 weeks until we're there, and it's far too warm and too wet. I think it's a bit lower down than L2A too.

Things can change quickly for the better - so fingers crossed.
snow report
Hopefully temperatures will drop soon & the rain will become snow Pollyperks = perfect conditions.

Great philosophy on drink, as with everything in life - moderation is the key, more so at our age! [obviously Rob can party on as he rightly states 'he's the baby of the group'].

Steve - can't believe that you have managed to squeeze in 2 weeks skiing - plenty of time for conditions to improve Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy