Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to find guided off piste group skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I usually ski with a small group of mates and hire private guide but if I'm on my own (or sneaking off for a day or two on the family holiday!) then joining a group is a good option.

I've skied with Alpine Experience in Val d'Isere, Piste to Powder in St Anton and Snowlegend in La Grave. I think they all organise groups every day. I'm interested to know about similar outfits elsewhere in the Alps. Any suggestions?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why not try Freshtracks with the SCGB?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been looking for these too. Have a look at montagnes de la terre- it's run by the French alpin club. But great prices at about 800 euros all inclusive (accommodation, guiding, lift passes etc)
We have a couple spaces over February half term if that need to be filled (minimum for course to run is 4 and we are one under at the moment) pm if you are interested Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try te eagle ski club - they have a huge range of trips! I'm trying to organise an informal trip this March in the Dolomites if anybody is interested. I don't know if it will be guided as such but we have room for 8.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alagna and champoluc have guided off piste every day, the off piste is pretty awesome there..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@phg38, where haven't you been able to find group guiding? In France, all the Evo2 and NewGen schools seem to do it. At Engelberg, you can join an off-piste group as an individual on a daily basis with Prime Ski School.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@yorkshirelad, they do? (Champoluc in particular) - where publicised? Where meet?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In Alagna as far as I know the guides will not make up groups of single skiers. I've tried.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@phg38,
If you drop into the guides office (often adjoins tourist information or the ski school) when you get to resort you may well find that they are collecting together names who are interested in skiing with a group. They will then give you a call when they have a quorum. It's hard to book in advance because they don't know who will show up that week.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
www.backcountryadventures.co.uk in Zinal
www.alpine-guides.com
www.frostguiding.co.uk
Adrenalin Descents in Kicking Horse
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Esf classe 4 in most large French resorts
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SkiClubGB have at least one guided off piste day in most of their resorts with leaders or Instructor Led Guiding.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We have some courses running in the PDS. Here is a little tour we did this week
Intro to Ski Touring Course - Jan 13th from PDS Academy
https://vimeo.com/151817108
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
In val-d'Isere, TopSki has groups that go off-piste every day. 6 persons max per group, they provide transceiver, shovel and probe plus ABS airbag for free to everyone who goes with them.
You can join a morning or full-day group, touring or not.
You can also book a private guide, which is cheaper if you are 5 or 6.
They propose heliski around.
They are also a travel agency and apart organizing all-inclusive stays in Val-d'Isere, they do organise ski trips all over the world in the most beautiful ski destinations on earth.
You'll find them at www.topski-val.com
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy