Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The role of secrecy in the Ski Club of GB's affairs

Poster: A snowHead
That's very magnanimous of you Terry, are you sure that France as a whole shouldn't revert to English rule given that we dominated large chunks of the country a few centuries back? Wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Er. I seem to remember it was the Normans who nicked England, rather that the other way around Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nick Zotov, my point exactly! Wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's not only the French we're capable of being foul to... http://media.guardian.co.uk/site/story/0,14173,1201516,00.html

Read this and weep. Laughter or tears: either will do.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My lord. That's really quite extraordinary.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Extraordinary? We are talking about the Express here Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's Desmond's humiliation of his own directors that is most Maxwell-like:

"The Telegraph executives decided to abandon the meeting. At this point the Express directors - managing director Martin Ellice, finance director Rob Sanderson and publishing manager Chris Haslum -were told to sing Deutschland über Alles."
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I always wondered what Company Directors actually did and why they paid themselves so much money for doing it - now I know Exclamation

Anyway guys, are we not wandering off-topic a little?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DavidS,
Quote:

It's not only the French we're capable of being foul to...

That's amazing.

Alan Craggs,
Quote:

Anyway guys, are we not wandering off-topic a little?

Yup. But what more is there to say?
You guys don't like secrecy. The SCGB council do. None of you seems prepared to put up a candidate for council. Things won't change.

I do wonder if in the fullness of time, snowheads might not evolve into some sort of loose association, which provides some of the benefits of the SCGB, though, run in a form some of you are more comfortable with. There seems to be enough talent floating around the forum to enable that.

Right now I'll stick with the SCGB, it meets my needs pretty well. But I think the concept of a snowheads skiing group could have legs.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PG wrote:
are you sure that France as a whole shouldn't revert to English rule given that we dominated large chunks of the country a few centuries back? Wink

As it happens, I have recently been giving thought to the Aquitaine question. I’ll let you know.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nick Zotov wrote:
None of you seems prepared to put up a candidate for council.

You don’t know that Nick. As I understand it, the fabled gods of Olympus (i.e. David Goldsmith) even now await the final pieces of data summoned from mortals (i.e. SCGB) before proceeding to the next era.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I always picture DG as more of a Prometheus figure in reverse... stealing the snow from the gods...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

None of you seems prepared to put up a candidate for council. Things won't change

Like a candidate for the council would change anything!
I think you'll find that 1 or 2 members of the council already agree that the decision re. the forum was at least 'badly executed' or even regard it as 'ill advised'. Of course '1 or 2' members have the power to change nothing (as I'm sure they have found recently), the Chairman has the casting vote on pretty well everything that is voted on and I expect most of the council ski the 'Couloir Brune' behind the Chairman anyway.
Quote:

But I think the concept of a snowheads skiing group could have legs.

I should hope so, otherwise I suppose we'll be on sit-skis - either way I reckon snowHeads is on the mountain to stay snowHead

Oh, "Hi!" by the way Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Welcome to snowHeads, I Saques snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I Saques, welcome snowHead snowHead
snow report
I Saques wrote:
Of course '1 or 2' members have the power to change nothing (as I'm sure they have found recently), the Chairman has the casting vote on pretty well everything that is voted on

Care to expand on this I Saques?
snow conditions
Quote:

I've not used the reps service this year either. I was all keyed up to in March but then I met another scgb member who told me she'd been told by the rep a couple of days before that if she wasn't experienced off-piste, she needn't bother that week. I was a little disappointed but I can't say that, by that point, I was very surprised.

Quote:

That is very wrong. That's exactly the sort of thing that brings the Repping service and the Club into disrepute. If you are still in contact with this Ski Club member, suggest to her that she put a complaint in, or complain yourself. There should be days during the week to suit all standards except beginners. The Repping service is a valuable (and costly) part of the Club that you pay for. You shouldn't be excluded.

Would any Reps like to comment on this?

El hen, as Peter says there should be days that are catered to less experienced skiers and or people who don't wish to ski off-piste (early intermediate to advanced). The programme will depend on the resort but it is not supposed to be extreme off-piste skiing every day (unless ALL those who turn up want that).
snow conditions
I felt a bit put off by the rep in Banff last season for similar reasons can't remember who it was though)
ski holidays
Helen, can you remember roughly the date and what did he/she actually say to you?
snow conditions
I too had a poor experience with a rep this season, which is a shame cos in the past we have had a good time with other Reps.
I've no wish to go into all the details here, suffice to say it was everything that the Club is getting critised for.
I have taken it up with the Reps manager and it will be interesting to see the response.
ski holidays
Sarah, that is exactly the right approach! I myself had a bad experience a few years back. I didn't complain when I really should have!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy