Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du soleil lift pass date problem

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone noticed when buying the PDS Early Booking Pass (in this case starting in Chatel) that the dates change when you go to pay. I have queried it with the PDS site but haven't had a reply. Deadline for discounted purchase is 22nd Nov would love a solution before then.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had this problem with La Plagne last year....although it could have been my own fault. When the passes turned up they were starting about a week and a half before we were turning up. Cost me a few quid to sort.

Am now nervously awaiting this year's PdS passes Shocked
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes this is a problem on the Chatel site which i have asked them to fix about 10 times as we have guests, friends, family etc trying to get passes. Chatel said the date thing changing (so a 6 day pass starting monday says it ends friday when you go to pay i.e. despite still saying you are buying a 6 day pass) won't matter when you use the pass and that it will work correctly for 6 days from the start date of monday umtil saturday but nobody knows this for sure as nobody has tested this theory...

It is a big glitch and not the only one they have had. I phoned them more than once about the free kids easter passes not being available for ages plus other issues.

What we have ended up doing is buying pds passes on the avoriaz site which is glitch free and getting them delivered. I asked avoriaz if these will work starting in chatel- they said yes. I checked with chatel too who said they should but it has been known not to..

Chatel's lift pass online booking system has been diabolical this year.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Having the same problem too. May be a good idea for everyone to report it so they take notice
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For Chatel, you can just buy them over the counter in Lac de Vonnes, they are open weekdays apart from Thursday.
The problem with buying from SERMA online ( Avoriaz ) is they not not have any offices physically open until Dec 15th, so you can't get your days out passes for free pre season days in Verbier etc.
There is a way round it which worked for us...
We got the young person passes from Chatel website ( that works ok), so can collect vouchers from LdV.
Then we bought the adult passes from Serma, but paid an extra €3 for new rechargeable cards, and they sent us the days out vouchers along with the new rechargeable cards.
If you buy online, and put in the card numbers for your existing rechargeable cards, then they will not send you anything, so you can't get the vouchers before Dec 15th.
Verbier was nice last weekend, and they have forecast snow this Saturday night and blue sky on Sunday, so it ought to be pretty nice up there again on Sunday.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, this is what we did for our season passes but for people buying weekly passes they want to buy online as they cannot go to lac vonnes and it is the weekly system which has got a date glitch.

Having said that we had problems with the season passes too and ended up buying one on SERMA and one on Chatel too
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If they send me the money and a bottle of single malt I will go to Lac de Vonnes in person Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
haha
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I find the whole French (and Swiss) lack of on-line economy totally amazing. They simply don't care that their websites are rubbish.

I tried to buy an annual car park pass for Val d'Isere on the Val Parking website. If I tried to buy a pass it took me to a page to set up a new account. If I tried to log in with my existing account and then go to the season pass page, it still wanted me to create an account. If I put in my existing details (again) it told me the email address had already been used. An 11 year old IT student could have written a better website.

I only got the pass by setting up an account in my GF's name, as I had run out of email addresses from previous uses of this website! I must now take her passport out with me to collect the pass as she won't be there on the first trip. God knows what we will do next year.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Update, after speaking to them for most of the day, the system glitch on page 2 of the order is just a 'typo' on the coding. If you ignore it and go ahead and order, the actual confirmation of your order will revert to the correct day (the 1st day of ski you select on the first screen). Why they can't change this to stop confusing everyone is something they haven't explained. So basically if you choose the first day of ski as what you want and ignore any contradiction to that during the order process the eventual order confirmation will be what you actually wanted. Hope that makes sense..
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@julietp, thank you for update
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ julietp thank you will give it another try tonight
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I can confirm that this worked although the ages were incorrect on the first attempt at putting DOB in so had to go back to previous page and start again.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy