Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'huez - hotels for a weekend in Feb?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK, my mad friend has just decided she has a couple of days leave to take before 1 April. The only long weekend we can both make is Fri 24 - Mon 27 and best price is Luton-Grenoble. Looked on map and Alpe d'huez is the nearest resort I've heard of but am worried that all the accommodation will be booked or they won't do less than a week. Will e-mail tourist office but if it all goes horribly wrong, does anyone have any ideas of other resorts nearby, suitable for 2.5 days piste skiing? (Am already going to 2 Alpes in March so somewhere else if poss, although if the worst comes to the worst I might be asking Easiski for help there rolling eyes )

Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You could stay in Grenoble and drive out to Les Sept Laux if the worst comes to the worst.

Or, try the Hotel Ginies in Allemont. It's a 10-15 min drive up to Oz (there is also a free bus) or Vaujany from where you can get fast lifts up to the ADH ski area. It's a nice middle of the road hotel with good food and really friendly owners.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, Arno. Have had a reply from the tourist office. They don't book 3 nighters Shocked . So why on their form does it ask how long is your stay? rolling eyes .
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
maggi, have a look on www.logis-de-france website (There's an English version), you might find something there, perhaps in Bourg D'Oisans or somewhere.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen, friend and I are independent traveller virgins. Everyone on here made it sound easy-peasy. Booked flights as they were going up daily (prices, I mean, before the jokes start). Still looking at car hire but to be honest, we just want to drive up the hill (have you seen how many bends there are Shocked ) once. We're both hoping to God that if we need the snow chains, we will be able to offer large amounts of cash to anyone around to fit them as neither of us have even seen chains fitted, let alone done it Embarassed

Anyway, thanks. I'll have a look, but someone has suggested waiting until the last minute when hotels haven't had week bookings and will let rooms by the day, however I don't know if our nerve can hold out Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
maggi, I think your main probelm with the short break is probably the fact that it is French school holidays still.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
maggi, the other good thing about staying in allemont is that the roads up to Oz and Vaujany are nothing like as bad as that up to ADH itself. This is not to say they don't have a *few* bends in them... And you can park right by the lift in both places
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno, Thanks again. I've looked it up on the map and it looks quite doable so I'll discuss it with my friend. We're a bit past the "go on the fly, chat up someone in a bar and sleep on their floor stage" stage Shocked
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
maggi, have you tried fellow SnowHead sarah@alped'huez?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Maggi,

try the hotel Hors Piste in Oz en Oisans. It`s run and staffed by a group of Dutchmen. Very nice bunch. Rooms are comfortable, warm and clean. It has a good restaurant and a very decent bar. Accessing the main ADH runs is very easy from Oz - 2 fast gondolas and no queues.

I don`t know what availiability is like. The website is www.lehorspiste.com/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont, No - but will do. I knew there was someone on here from ADH but I couldn't remember who it was.

beetle, Thanks, but when I looked at the website, they only book Sat - Sat in high season Sad .
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy