Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Newbie *waves*.... Resort Recommendation please...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Preferably in Austria or France, high altitude, for one beginner and one intermediate/advanced, where there are lots of other things to do (other than skiing, in the event the beginner (male) gets fed up with DH - although he does like XC), would be much appreciated.

Pretty please with a glacier cherry on top. Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Glacierz, welcome to snowheads. SOunds like Austria might be a better idea for you so that you can base yourselves in a town - perhaps Zell Am See might be worth investigating?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Glacierz, welcome to snowheads. Both countries have enormous choice. As @nbt, says Zell am See could be a good resort as could Ellmau (although not that high) lots of beginner slopes near the old village and well connected to a big ski area. I'm biased about France where there are many good choices and especially the 3V. Meribel has a great mixture and layout of pistes. This is deliberate. You can ride the same lift and whilst one of you skis a blue the other can ski a red or black and end up in the same place. There are many areas like this across the 3V. There are also a couple of good zen zones for the beginner as well as xc tracks. There's also a public gym, swimming pool,and indoor climbing wall, bowling and a cinema.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think that Steph has it in a nutshell. The Ski Welt is a good big area with plenty of scope for beginners and for more advanced. The various villages have differing facilities for non skiers or non-skiing days. I like Ellmau but there are plenty of offers out there. Good luck and do post a trip report afterwards
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For a beginner I think choice of ski school is a very important factor in whether they enjoy their first experience, and take to skiing or not.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Glacierz, Hey *waves back* another vote for Zell am See. It's beautiful and has the Kaprun Glacier (the high altitude, snow sure bit) very near by - included on the lift pass (short bus ride away).
We go every year with OH's family his mum is unable to ski anymore but always comes too as there's still lots for her to do. There is easy access to the mountain for non skiers so she can meet us for lunch etc.
They have good ski schools, I learnt there (my OH and his sister used to teach there way back - thus the reason for our annual pilgramage back). There is (just) enough advanced skiing to keep them occupied on the local hills but with close access to other ski areas there are options for all. It's Zell itself, rather than a vast 'advanced' skiers area that pulls us back. We visit other places for that!
I couldn't guess your age from your post for advice re apres. The après in Zell is perfect for us, lots of quirky bars you can hold a conversation in (Lebzelter and Blaikners my faves) but it has several more exuberant venus too if that's your thing. Some may find Zell a little too sedate - Salbaach could well be a better place if, for you a skiing holiday is not complete, until your liver decides to leave you on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour, you've euro-thumped your brain into submission and your ears are bleeding! Shocked wink Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy